Chapter 12

2010: Mystic Falls

Damon watches in horror as his little brother is thrown through the open door, almost unrecognisable due to the slashes and burns over his face.

He takes his attention off Stefan for a quick second to glance up at who had thrown him into the house.

He sees, to his utmost terror, the girl he loved knocked out and dragged by Druig and Thyra Mikaelson, along with Finn and Sage behind.

All four glared in anger as Sage finished her meal of the night, Matt Donovan.

"He was absolutely disgusting." Sage comments.

"That's what rats taste like." Finn responds after wiping the blood off his lovers face.

"W-what have you done?" Damon whispers, still in shock.

"WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE TO ELENA AND STEFAN!?!" He then shouts, his fury obvious on his face.

"Clearly his brother isn't as important." Druig mumbles aware of Damon Salvatore's angry gaze now upon him.

"You can't kill us." Damon states his smugness making a brief appearance.

"And why is that?" Thyra asks.

"Because of Klaus." Damon replies. smirk now fully on his face.

Thyra looks at him like he's stupid. Using her brother to keep themselves alive was pitiful and even so, that wouldn't work on Thyra.

"First of all Klaus only wants Elena alive, I don't think he cares about the rest of you. Secondly, did you think that I would care about my brothers silly little hybrids?" Thyra condescendingly states.

"I'm not like Rebekah or Elijah who follow Klaus' every word. I want revenge for the attempted murder of my elder brother." She continues anger in her eyes.

"I would also appreciate revenge on my almost death." Finn comments.

"Technically it was an attempt on all the Mikaelsons life as you lot were all linked because of that spell." Druig says, adding fuel to the anger of his wife.

While the four were debating about the previous murder attempt, Damon silently stands up and rushes towards the distracted Thyra.

He pushes her towards the nearest wall, hand on her neck, and flashes his fangs.

"Now, put Elena down or witchy here is going to have alot more problems then her family dieing." Damon speaks, arrogance in his tone.

Instead of cowering in fear like Damon expected, Thyra begins to laugh.

"God, you baby vampires are so used to being above humans that you forget that there are more powerful people out there."

Sage, Finn and Druig watch from the background, believing that Thyra can deal with this undoubtedly.

Damon is confused at the smirk on the woman's face before he realises that she's a witch and he left her hands free.

"Incendia" is what Damon hears before his nerves erupt with pain.

He falls to the ground the fire eating its way through his body. 'Is this what she did to Stefan?' He thinks in horror before the pain overtakes his thoughts.

Sage and Finn look at the other couple in slight fear as their faces contort into similar looks of sadistic pleasure.

"I do love it when you burn people alive, my darling Thyra." Druig comments as he stares at his wife in awe.

Thyra simply laughs before turning her attention to the now unconscious Damon Salvatore.

****

Rebekah was in a panic.

Damon Salvatore was gone from his trap. She had kidnapped him earlier for revenge against him manipulating her mind and Klaus had gotten involved because of the new white oak stakes.

The deal that they had with Stefan was that in exchange for his brother they would get the white oak, but now with no brother they would get nothing.

"NIK!" She shouts unknowing what to do.

"What is it Rebekah!?" Klaus shouts back, uninterested in his little sister.

"The Salvatore's gone!"

Klaus speeds downstairs at her words. "Rebekah!" He scolds.

"I left for one minute and he was gone." She responds defensively.

"Well, it doesn't matter now. The Bennett witch just broke the link between us. We only have to look out for ourselves now." Klaus says.

"Good. I'm going to inform Thyra." Rebekah states as she gets her phone out and walks into another room.

****

Thyra is watching in great pleasure as Jeremy Gilbert tortures Stefan and Damon Salvatore to the point of unrecognision.

Her husbands glowing eyes light up his face as he forces the human to torture the vampires, all the while Elena Gilbert watches on in horror.

Thyra pauses in watching the suffering as she feels her phone vibrate. Taking it out she realises Rebekah is ringing her.

"I'll be back. Bekah's ringing me."

Walking into the other room she answers the call.

"Little sister." Thyra greets. "What can I do for you on this fine day?"

"The link between us is broken. You no longer have to fear dying because of the rest of our family." Rebekah says straight to the point.

"That's great." Thyra responds.

Rebekah listens to the phone call as Thyra chatters on but instead of listening to her sister she is focusing on the screams in the background of the call.

Screams that she had heard earlier this day.

"Is that Damon Salvatore? What are you doing to him, sister?" Rebekah asks cutting Thyra off.

"I'm not doing anything to him. Jeremy Gilbert is." Thyra comments.

"And why would Jeremy Gilbert ever do that?" Rebekah asks.

"Because my husband forced him too!" Thyra says light-heartedly.

"Why in the bloody hell are you doing that for Thyra!" Rebekah whisper shouts.

"Him and his little gang tried to kill Finn, meaning they tried to kill all of us. I'm simply getting payback."

"I'm assuming the doppelganger is there aswell? You can't kill her atleast. Nik would kill you!" Rebekah forcefully states.

"Oh please. As if I could care about Klaus. I hid from him for hundreds of years. I can do it again Rebekah."

"Fine. Just be careful." Rebekah says knowing that she can't do anything to change her sisters mind.

"Will do. Bye bye little sis!" Thyra says before ending the call.

Authors note:
Ok so this chapter feels a little shitty but we are getting near the end of the vampire diaries part of this story. After this I'm going to do the originals and then finally the Eternals. I may even add in some legacies but who knows. Hope you enjoyed :)