Chapter 9

2010: Mikaelson Mansion

"WHAT IS HE THRYA!" A male voice can be heard shouting throughout the house.

"You'll know if he wants you to know, Nik." said girl replies in a calm manner, used to her brothers temper tantrums.

"He could be a threat to our family. How do we know he's not planning our deaths? Not that he could anyway." Klaus says venom clear in his eyes.

Thyra pauses for a second, processing what her brother has just said. A hurt expression suddenly overtakes her face causing her younger brothers eyes to widen.

"Do you not trust me Nik? I've been with him for over five hundred years. He wouldn't spend that long with me just for a murder attempt." Thyra says defensively.

Klaus, in his anger, decides to ignore his sisters expressions and instead makes everything worse.

"You always were naive, sister."

Thyra's jaw drops in shock. 'Is that what he really believes?' she thought, anger beginning to run through her veins.

Glaring at Klaus, Thyra begins to say something but is stopped by the arrival of Elijah.

"Niklaus, calm yourself. We should trust our sister when she says her husband is reliable."

Thyra sends him a grateful look before turning back to her brother.

"As long as you don't trust me when it comes to my family, I will no longer be talking to you Niklaus." Thyra states, finality in her tone, before turning on her foot and striding out of the room.

"Well done Nik, you've driven our sister away yet again." Rebekah comments from her place on the sofa.

"Shut up Rebekah."

****

"Who does he think he is, that bastard" is the first thing Druig hears as his wife enters their room.

"Who's a bastard, darling?" He questions.

"Nik" she replies.

'Of course it's the angry one' Druig thinks.

"What has he done now?"

"The little shit accused you of being with me as part of some elaborate scheme that you have cooked up to try and murder the family. He clearly doesn't trust me anymore." Thyra rants, her anger getting the better as she sends the lights in the room flickering.

Druig walks over to Thyra and tries to calm her down. He wraps his arms around her from behind and rests his head on her shoulder.

"I think your brothers a bit dillusional and paranoid" Druig states.

"He was like that before turning aswell." Thyra replies.

"Tell me about your and your siblings days as humans." Druig asks, trying to get her mind off of waht her brother had told her.

"Well I never met Freya so I can't say much about her. Finn was the quiet type but I liked that as I could go to him when everything else was getting too much. Elijah was and always will be a bit of a bore with his noble ways, I wasn't very close to him." Thyra starts, a gleam in her eyes as she recounts her childhood days.

Druig watches in happiness as Thyra's magic begins to calm and the gleam in her eyes, that he love so much, returns.

"Nik was a very temperamental child, always getting in trouble with Mikael but we loved him either way. Kol was, and still is, my favourite sibling. We practised magic together almost every day and used it to cause chaos amongst the towns people. Rebekah and I didn't actually get along through most of our childhood, with us disagreeing about many things but mainly the men in our village and what was expected of us." Thyra continued before growing sad at the thought of her youngest brother.

"And finally there was Henrik. He was as sly as a fox, always nicking something from the village and townspeople. At one point me, him and Kol weren't allowed in a room together due to the amounts of mischief that would follow." Thyra finishes, tears in her eyes.

Druig squeezes her tighter, comforting her, as Thyra begins to silently cry at the reminiscing of Henrik.

"Better now, my darling Thyra" He asks after holding Thyra in his arms for a good minute.

Thyra turns around in his arms so that she is facing Druig. She wraps her arms around his neck and pulls him into a soft kiss.

Pulling away, she places her forehead against his and closes her eyes, her breathing slowing down in relaxation.

"Thank you. You just being here and listening calms me down." She whispers.

"And I always will be." Druig replies.

****

"There's something I need you to see." Rebekah says as she walks into the room.

She takes out her phone and begins to play a video of Elena in the caves earlier.

"Come to brag about your skills as a torturer?" Klaus asks as he grabs the phone off Rebekah and focuses on the video.

"Look at the images on the wall behind Elena. The Natives told the story of our family history, look at the images on the far wall." Rebekah replies.

"What is it?"

"A Native worshipping at the Great White Oak tree." Rebekah informs.

"And? We burned that tree to the ground." Klaus responds, confused as to what his sister is getting at.

"Look at the markings that precede it. That's the native calendar."

"This can't be right." Klaus said, shock appearing on his face.

"A White Oak tree, three hundred years after we fled back to the Old World. There must have been a sapling, a new tree to replace the old. That tree could kill us. It's not over, Nik." Rebekah worriedly confirms.

"Ring the rest of the family Rebekah. We're all still linked. If Elena and her boy toys get their hands on this they could destroy us." Klaus says as he begins to look for his phone.

"I'm ringing Thyra. She's the best witch we have and I need her to unlink our family." Klaus continues.

"I don't think she'll answer your call, Nik. She's still annoyed at you for earlier. Go in person, apologise and then ask for help." Rebekah says helpfully.

Klaus glances at her before speeding out of the house.

Authors note:
Thank you everyone for the reads. I do not have an updating schedule but I feel like I'm pretty consistent with updating. Hope you enjoyed :)