Chapter 15

2010: Denver

Kol is utterly bored.

He thought getting away from his family would be the best thing to happen to him in years, yet here he was regretting leaving due to all the drama that was going on in the dreadful town Klaus had decided to settle down in.

Kol pouts as he thinks of all the messes he and Thyra could've been involved in if Klaus hadn't forced him out of town.

Currently, Kol was draining the life out of someone down an alleyway, nothing out of the usual for him.

He pauses as he hears voices that sound vaguely familiar.

"Are you sure he's here?" A male voice says.

"When have my tracking spells ever been wrong?" A female voice replies defensively.

Kol dumps the now dead person at the end of the alleyway and speeds out to see if his guess as to who was there was correct.

Upon reaching the street that the alley connected too, Kol was glad to say he had almost jumped for joy at the sight of his sister and her husband, that for some reason he quite liked.

"SISTER! DRUIG! WHEN DID YOU GET HERE?" He shouted not bothered by the looks he received from other people in the process.

Thyra laughed before running over to her favourite brother.

"We just arrived. Klaus kicked us out after we tried to kill his little puppies blood supply! " She commented enthusiastically.

Kol, in response, begins to smirk before teasingly saying "Looks like I'm not the family disappointment anymore."

Thyra nudges him in the shoulder harshly before the pair of siblings turn towards the approaching Druig.

"You doing alright?" Druig asks the other male, a slight smile playing on his lips.

"Great actually. I'm living as a free man, finally escaping the tyranny of my elder brother after all these years." Kol states dramatically.

"I forgot you lived with the overgrown furball for many years." Druig comments.

"Ah yes. How could we ever forget the trauma that undead dog has caused our family." Thyra adds on.

Kol's eyes suddenly light up as he remeber something he was told recently.

"Speaking of trauma, Klaus offed our mother."

"Withiut the rest of the family? How rude of him." Thyra replies.

"Elijah and Rebekah where there, that's good enough for Nikkie." Kol concludes. "Apparently he's on the hunt for Finn now."

Druig gives a little smirk. "Good luck to him then. Finding a witch that is more powerful let alone willing to try break Thyra's spell is impossible."

"You make a good point." Kol agrees. "Anyway, shouldn't you two be in your way back to your mysterious home?"

"We wanted to see you first." Druig responds.

"Did you?" Kol raises his eyebrow at Druig before whispering to Thyra. "I'm obviously the favourite in-law."

"Was there ever any doubt? You were against an original vampire with a stuck up his arse, an overdramaric teenage girl and a psychopathic dog." Thyra dryly states.

"Well when you put it like that..." Kol says, pouting at his sister.

The other two laugh at Kol's childlike ways before the trio departs to a nearby park.

****

After hours of talking, and the bright sunny day turning dark, the newly reunited trio begun to say their goodbyes.

"I'll miss you little brother. Promise you'll text me." Thyra says.

"Of course I will Thy. Who do you think I am? Elijah?" Kol jokes.

The brother, sister duo hug tightly as Druig makes his way towards them.

"Thyra we've got to go if we want to make our flight."

"Okay, okay. Goodbye Kol." Thyra bids farewell, tears threatening to fall.

"Rember if you ever need us, you know here we are." Druig reminds before the two in laws hug goodbye.

"Thanks mate. I'll see you both in a couple months then."

Kol watches as the the couple get into their car and begin their drive to the airport.

Kol then turns and begins to speed home, unaware of how his life would drastically change in the coming months due to an anooying little human named Jeremy Gilbert.

Authors note:
AND THAT'S IT. PART ONE IS DONE PEOPLE. So if your wondering why this chapter is shorter than the rest, it is because I'm severely sleep deprived and writing this at one in the morning. The reason why I decided to write this at one in the morning, well I felt bad that I hadn't updated in a while so here you guys go. Hope you look forward to the next part of this book and hope you enjoyed :)