Ch.35 I have the power

I was in the forest with Bonnie. We were tracking Ralf, there was a monster after him. We were also talking. I had an eerie feeling like I had known Bonnie, but I had never met her before. I was talking about Hope with her and somehow I felt like I could talk to her about Hope.

When I said that Hope's Dad had told or more like he threatened me to take care of her. She was flabbergasted and said "You talked to her dad? How?"

I looked at her and was confused but she chuckled and said "Principal Saltzman told me about Hope and I kinda know Klaus Mikaelson. He is somewhat infamous where I am from."

I then questioned her "Why would Prof. tell you about Hope?"

She chuckled and said "Ease up, detective, I am also from New Orleans and Hope was also my childhood friend." She then smiled and asked "But how did you talk to Klaus?"

I looked at her and said "He came to me in my dream."

She then looked at me and looked a bit incredulous and I said "Yes, it is a bit far fetched but, it is true."

She then asked "What did he look like?"

I said "He had curly dirty-blonde hair, blue eyes, clear skin, he had a bit of a beard." As I described the man she looked at me and was flabbergasted. I smiled and asked "looks like you believe me now."

She nodded and said "I do." She asked "What did he say?"

I said "I don't think I should, that is between me and Hope and his somewhat dead father."

She then looked at me and asked "At least tell me if he is alright?"

I was confused as to why she was so concerned. "Why are you so concerned?"

She looked desperate and said "He was nice to me and my family, he helped us, please?"

I sighed and said "Well, he is alright and was happy when we were drinking."

She just looked at me and smiled and nodded her head. I asked "What?"

She said "Nothing… Let's just find Ralf he is near."

We were walking deep into the forest when we heard a snarl and we ran in that direction and we found the creature it had cornered Ralf and was about to eat him. I jumped and punched it in the face and it shot back a couple of feet, but I didn't kill cause I still needed to test my sword.

Bonnie was confused and said "Kill it already!"

"Not yet I need to test out my weapon, you help Ralf." She nodded and I got the necklace out of my pocket and inserted it into the hole in the hilt and the blade became a sword engulfed in flame, it was radiating energy. I was drawn to the flames of the blade they were beckoning me.

Bonnie looked at the sword and was perplexed and asked "What is that thing?"

I smiled and held the sword up high and said "It's the flaming sword!!!" She gave me a look and I was a bit embarrassed by what I did.

The creature then got up and I said "Thank you for your participation in my experiment. I am extremely grateful." I then took position waiting for the beast to come but it was smart and turned away and ran at full speed.

But I wasn't about to let him go, so I jumped and he suddenly stopped and now I was in front of him, he tried to slash me but I stopped him, he was now stuck. Bonnie had helped Ralf and now he was human again but was very naked. Bonnie gave him some clothes.

Both of them walked towards me and Bonnie asked "What happened to him?"

I sighed and said "I stopped him, you know I was really looking forward to battling this monster. Oh, well, at least now I can do this." I then slashed the sword and it cut through it like there was nothing, I mean I have heard cut through butter but this was above that, it was like I was slashing air.
Bonnie looked at me and asked "This is what you were excited about?"

I said "This thing can cut through anything, go on try it."

She gave me a look that said really? I rolled my eyes and said "Fine." I then turned to Ralf and said "Ralf, you want to do it?"

He looked at me and said "I don't want to mutilate some dead monster."

I shrugged my shoulders and Bonnie asked me "How is this going to help you save Hope?"

I said "Well, if my theory is correct. It can do this!" I raised the sword and slashed the air and it created a tear in space and I laughed and said "It worked, it worked." I was happy and both of them looked in amazement, but they couldn't figure out what was happening, then the tear got fixed by itself again.

Ralf was confused and asked "What the hell was that?"

I smiled and said "This sword can cut through anything, like through the world itself!"

Both of them looked speechless and Ralf said "I am too tired to question this, can we go home?"

I nodded and pulled the necklace out and said "So, now I will go down to Malivoire, find Hope, create a tear in his hell dimension and we should be out, easy."

Bonnie had a weird expression so I asked "Are you okay?"

She had a weird smile on her face and said "Super fine."

I smiled and said "Let's get you home, Ralf." In all honesty I kind of forgot why I was there.
We then walked back to the school and Ralf went to the school doctor for check up and then Bonnie and I went to the game, I mean what was left of the game.

And we were losing somehow, I mean weren't we going to cheat? Bonnie looked at me and said "You look surprised, did you think you were going to win?"

I scoffed and said "Yeah… I mean the headmaster told us to cheat but I don't know why we are losing though?"

I then saw Josie and cheered her on, and Bonnie said "I'm going to talk to principal Saltzman." I nodded and said "I'll see you later and yeah tell Prof. Saltzman that I have the solution." She nodded. Josie then saw me and was looking a bit worried, but I still cheered.

The timberwolves were absolutely slaughtering us out there, but being a good boyfriend I still supported her and also because I felt a bit guilty, Kaleb called for a break and I saw Josie talking to headmaster and he saying about using some spells and I just ignored that cause it's just a game what's the worst that could happen?

The break ended and I then saw that the timberwolves had the ball and then Josie used a spell and broke a guy's hand. It was too late to realise what she had done, people flocked to the guy and Josie panicked and ran away and I went after her.

She was in our room, I knocked and she said "Please don't come."

I unlocked the door, she was sitting on the bed and I sat next to her and said "Come on, I have done worse things, this is nothing."

She turned to me and she had tears in her eyes. "It's not nothing Lucas. I did that to him and for what? To impress you?"

I chuckled and she looked at me and I hugged her and said "You don't need to do anything to impress me silly, I am already smitten by you."

She sobbed and I said "You don't need to feel bad, he will be fine and besides everyone makes mistakes, this was your teeny tiny mistake."

She said "It was not a mistake, I intentionally tried to harm him… "

In an attempt to lighten the mood I tried to joke about it and it did not go well. "I mean you are in a relationship with a psycho, I was bound to rub off on you." I had to apologies and I said "I know, that you are not the kind of person that hurts someone, but sometimes we do stuff we don't want to do, sometimes things just happen, sometimes you just want to make bad decisions and that is okay. If we don't make mistakes, we can never grow."

She was still crying but she snuggled up close to me. When she was calm enough I said "Now, I am going to go and make you some tea, okay?" She nodded.

I got up from the bed and went out and went down stairs  and I found the headmaster in the hallway and he smiled and asked "How is she?"

When I saw him my blood started to boil. I wanted nothing more than to kill him but I controlled myself and said "She is fine, but you may not."

He then looked at me and asked "Are you threatening me boy?"

I had a sinister smile and said "Exactly." He tried to raise his cane, but was stopped and I showed him Hell, even though I had only seen glimpses of the place, but how my father described the place it was not that much of a good place for humans, I made him see that he was melting alive in the river of lava, pushing a boulder on a hill and being crushed by the boulder again and again, him being skinned alive. I made him experience that.

I got closer to him and said "If I get to know that you are pushing this black magic on my Josie again, you would wish that I had killed you. I hope that you make the right decision… Headmaster?"

He had a terrified expression on his face, but I then let him move and I went on my way to the kitchen and I found Landon, he was preparing a meal. And I asked "Making a meal for Ralf?"

He was ecstatic that his brother came back and it showed on his face, he said "Yeah, and you are here?"

I said, "Making tea for my upset girlfriend."

He looked concerned and asked "Yeah, how is she now?"

I sighed and said "Calm" I then asked "How is Ralf holding?"

He sighed and said "For the most part he is fine, but he still needs to get used to being human again, I guess… Hey by the way how did he change back?"

I said "Well, Bonnie kinda knew about the ring thingy that the  Mikaelson had, so it worked out quite well."

After that I went with the tea to my room and poured us a cup and I sat down next to her and she said "I want to tell you about the Merge."

I was happy that she finally chose to tell me, she put the cup down and told me about the Merge and I was shocked that the solution was this simple. I just looked at her and said "So, you need to tell me that, when you are 22 both of you will need to do this ceremony and the one who wins, gets the other one magic and the loser dies.

But since your uncle was supposedly dead, your mom didn't need to merge at first, am I correct up till now?"

She squinted her eyes and said "Yes, probably."

I then said "So, I have a solution."

Her eyes sparkled and she asked "How?"

I said "How about I make one of you technically dead?"

(Hope's Pov)

We were in Ric's car and I was thinking about all that had happened today, the headmaster making students use their powers in front of others, Josie using dark magic, Lucas's plan to "save me" . It was all very jarring. Ric looked at me and asked "What happened? You look tense."

I looked at him and said "We need to tell Lucas that I am back."

He was surprised and said "What?! Why? I thought you didn't want him to know?"

I sighed and said "He has found a way to bring me back from Malivoire!"

He looked shocked and said "He did? How?"

I said "He has this Flaming sword and it can cut through anything, so he wants to dive into Malivoire and find me and cut through that void and hop back into our dimension."

He then said "And knowing him, he will not come back until he finds you…" he sighed and said "We have to tell him."
-------------------------------------