35

If I were to be honest, I never would have assumed to be invited to an overseas championship which it's prize is worth more than what I earn in a year. Despite the fear of having my identity revealed, I still accepted the invitation.

They said that they'll provide me the plane ticket and other fees for my trip to America. I humbly declined their offer and said that I can take care of the fees myself.

What bothered me most was how I should explain the situation to my friends. They of course will be worried sick if I suddenly disappeared next week like the twins.

"Good morning, Y/N!" Yashiro walked beside her friend. "You're spacing out again while walking. What if you trip onto a rock and fall again like last time?" The daikon nagged.

"We have a math quiz today remember? I'm reciting the equations I reviewed last night in my head." Y/N made up an excuse and knowing that it would work, she started to change the topic to stop her friend from worrying.

"Would you guys like to go on a picnic this Saturday? " Y/N asked in a cheerful manner. She had other intentions to do than the picnic itself. "I saw a great spot near my house just a couple of blocks away."

"Of course! Let's go tell the others about it, I'm sure they'll all come!" The white haired female replied happily.

The days went by swiftly and it was finally the day they all gathered for a picnic. Y/N went out of her apartment an hour before their picnic to shop for food and materials they'll be needing.

The Minamoto brothers volunteered to bring homemade pastries. As for Yashiro, she's in charge of the drinks and the others will bring whatever they can bring.

Y/N arrived at the park earlier than she expected. There wasn't anyone there yet so she spread the picnic blanket on the fresh grass and laid down to watch the clouds in the sky.

Moments later, Y/N woke up to the sound of movements surrounding her. She opened her eyes in panic as she assumed she was being sacrificed by a cult but to her relief, it was only Teru and Akane having an arm wrestling while the others are silently cheering for the both of them.

"Oh Y/N-chan, you're awake! Sorry if we were the reasons you woke up. Akane kept being belligerent so we had to settle it to an arm wrestling battle." Teru explained while scratching the back of his neck.

"You guys should have woken me up the moment one of you arrived!" The gamer flusteredly spoke as the other shook it off with a chuckle.

Y/N looked around her and the food was already placed neatly and the drinks were already poured to their cups. They all laughed and talked about interesting as well as dumb topics they have in mind.

5 hours have passed since they began their picnic, the boys are still hyper and kept chasing each other around the park without noticing that people are already staring at them. Time sure passes by fast when you're genuinely having fun.

Y/N stood up and called for them to gather up in the picnic blanket. "I have something to tell you all. And no it's not about someone I like but something really important."

They all kept quiet and waited for her to continue. "I took an exam on a university at the states and I have to go to that country myself to enroll early so I won't have any trouble finding a university on our 3rd year." It was a lame excuse but the gamer hoped they would believe it.

The rest were silent for a moment then shouted the word "what" at the same time. "Well in that case, goodluck on your trip, Y/N!" Teru spoke as he scratched the back of his neck. "Take care okay?" He added.

"CONGRATS ON PASSING THE EXAM, Y/N-CHAN!" Yashiro yelled as she hugged her best friend.

"Congratulations, Y/N-chan!" Aoi hugged her as well until all of them were hugging the female gamer to the point where they all looked like a giant ball made out of humans.

"So when will you part, Y/N-senpai?" Kou asked his senior.

"Tomorrow morning." Y/N replied plainly with a smile as everyone fell silent yet again.

"EHH?!" Her friends said in unison.

"You guys are like robots always saying the same things at the same time!" The gamer bursted out laughing as her friends smiled warmly and was glad that they could see their friend laughing.

"Anyways have a safe trip, Y/N! Don't forget to bring us souvenirs okay?" Yashiro laughed with her as the other greeted her goodbye as well.

--

-

It was the female gamer's first time to ride a plane. She had to come to the airport 2 hours early before her flight because she was really anxious that she might miss the plane. While on board, she practiced her english speaking skills by talking to a nice old woman who was sitting next to her.

"They said to head straight to the building with my face fully hidden to avoid having my identity revealed." Y/N spoke to herself as she walked out of the airport.

She first went to the hotel that she booked and placed her belongings there. She tied her hair into her preferred hairstyle and figured she should go sightseeing before going. She still had 3 hours left to spare anyway.

Concrete walls surrounded her as she walked out of the hotel. It was an amazing sight to see. The huge screens on the buildings, people walking around, and the sound of the street entertainers bringing the area to life. "It's like Tokyo but english." The gamer whispered to herself.

She walked around the street, tempted by the shops she could enter and buy everything they sell.

"Will you still stream right after the contest?" Out of all the people talking, she heard that familiar sound from a distance.

"This will lbe the last time I'll get to play that game and I'm quitting." If it was who she think she assumed, she ran to that direction without any hesitation.

--

back from a 4-5ish months hiatus lamaoakaooak ily all thank u all for the support you've given to this book!