20

"I know that Y/N likes me."

A moment of silence took place after Tsukasa's statement, giving Amane some time to think things through before spouting some nonsense or whatsoever.

All he could do was look down, his hands trembling and with wide open eyes. 'What did he mean by 'I don't want to hurt her'?'

"Heh. How do you know? Don't get your hopes up, a lot of girls rejected you since junior high. How come you're telling me that someone likes you without even knowing the truth?" Amane tried to shake it off, hoping that Tsukasa was only joking.

But as he lifted his head to face his brother, he was even more surprised that Tsukasa's serious expression still hasn't changed. That is something that Amane haven't seen in years.

"I don't know why, but I kept on noticing strange behaviours from Y/N whenever I talk to her." Tsukasa started and carried his brother's bag to help him get ready for school.

"She keeps on stuttering and getting flustered when I'm around. Aoi-chan noticed too." He continued. Amane just stood there, listening to what the younger twin had to say.

"Just because she does that, it doesn't mean that she likes you." Amane quietly retorted and crossed his arms, but he knew damn well that it didn't make sense. Of course it's a sign that you like someone when you act like that.

"Aoi-chan already told me. After both of you left and the others, Aoi-chan asked me to stay for a while and talk.

She told me that she overheard what Y/N was whispering to herself when I was telling everyone about Sakura-senpai when we were leaving the school.

''Y/N-chan was comparing herself to Sakura-senpai as if she wanted you to recognise her more than senpai. Isn't that called jealousy? I could already tell that she likes you, Tsukasa-kun.' She said." Tsukasa did his best to imitate Aoi's voice but failed miserably, Amane could have laughed at Tsukasa and teased him, but no. He was silent and kind of gloomy.

"You see, I don't feel the same way for Y/N. I was interested in her because my guts told me that she's the perfect one for you! Someone you'll actually treasure other than me." Tsukasa sincerely smiled as he tried to stop the tears from falling down, remembering that Amane's been all alone and didn't have any friends other than his brother.

Amane stood there silently, gripping his knuckles tightly. His eyes averting the other. He swallowed the lump on his throat and tried to go back to his normal self.

"It's not like I care anyways, I'll never be her friend so why bother?" Amane flushed a light shade of red. "Now I'm even wondering why I even asked something stupid. You two look great with each other anyway." After which, he headed upstairs without mumbling a single word, leaving Tsukasa downstairs all confused and worried.

-
-
-

"Ohayou!!" Tsukasa bursted in the classroom joyfully like he always did along with his older brother who quietly walked to his seat, and since they were almost late, the whole gang was already there including Y/N, who was braiding Yashiro's hair.

"U/N wasn't online last night. It's a first that she didn't stream a single game for a day. And on top of that, when I visited her history (recent matches played) her match from monday was still there. Nothing was added!" Amane overheard Akane and Aoi's conversation.

Amane's eyes went to the direction of Y/N who just stood and continued braiding Yashiro's hair silently.

'That's the reaction of someone who's responsible for Akane's blabbering.' He smirked, continuing to just stare at her.