A Sudden Break-Up

Our story begins one peaceful morning on top of a rooftop where there was a young ma waiting for someone to arrive. He has light blue hair, blue eyes, and wears a dark red baseball cap, a red shirt with a magenta stripe, a black jacket with gray at the end of the sleeves, blue pants, and black shoes. His name is Jakob Moon. But he goes by Jake for short.

He seemed to have a very special thing set up for a very special someone. And that someone was his girlfriend. Even though he's only been with her for a couple weeks, he still wants to make something special for the two of them. Especially since he cared about her a lot.

"Okay. . . hopefully everything is good." Jakob said to himself. "Tonight has to be special enough for her. I know we've only been dating for a couple of weeks now, but I really feel like it's true love."

Suddenly, Jakob heard someone come up on the roof. He turned around and saw a young woman with short scarlet colored hair with orange streaks, like green eyes, and wears a yellow shirt, a gray jacket, blue jeans, and black boots. Her name is Ryan.

"Uh, hey Jake." Ryan said, confused as she looked around. "I came as soon as you told me to. What's the deal?"

"H-Hey, Ry. . ." Jakob said as he blushed, but tried to play it cool. "Well, you know how it's basically our two week anniversary, right?"

"That's. . . not exactly a huge accomplishment." Ryan said. "But go on."

"Well. . . I figured that I'd do something special for the two of us." Jakob said. "And a nice rooftop picnic was the first thing I thought of."

That was when Ryan noticed it. A nicely set picnic for the two of them.

"Oh, wow." Ryan said in pure shock. "That's. . . really something. You didn't have to go all out like this."

"I know that." Jakob said. "I just. . . I wanted to make something special for us. Considering how you're able to tolerate someone like me."

"That's a backhanded compliment if I ever heard one." Ryan said.

"Look. . . I just want tonight to be special." Jakob said as he held out a rose. "You and me. . . under the stars. . . and enjoying ourselves."

Ryan gasped softly as she took the rose from Jakob's hand. She had to admit that it was a nice gesture, but she had something else on her mind that she wanted to tell him before. But a part of her felt hesitant to say anything at all.

"So. . . what do you think?" Jakob asked.

Ryan didn't know what to say, but she knew she had to say something. "Well, I. . . I think you're wasting your time." She said, a bit bitterly.

"Wait, what?" Jakob asked in surprise.

"Listen, this is all very nice, but. . . I have something I need to say to you." Ryan said.

Jakob wasn't sure if her wanted to hear what she had to say, but listened anyway.

"I know we've been dating for a couple weeks and all, but. . . how could you be so sure that this is true?" Ryan asked. "I mean. . . this is all so sudden and. . . don't you think you're taking this too seriously?"

"What do you mean?" Jakob asked.

"Okay, I'm just gonna cut to the chase." Ryan said seriously. "I want to break up with you."

"What? Why?" Jakob asked.

"It's nothing personal, it's just that. . . well, I never really liked you." Ryan said bitterly. "And this. . . this is all too much!"

Ryan then suddenly threw the rose down in the ground and stomped on it, surprising Jake. "You really thought a loser like you would ever be able to last with someone like me?" She said. "You wish! Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if you took this as a joke! Well, newsflash. . . It's not!"

"I. . . I don't understand." Jakob said. "I thought that-"

"You thought what, Jake?" Ryan asked. "That I'd ever agree to be with someone as lame and stupid as you? Like I'd ever agree to be your girlfriend, let alone just a friend."

Jakob didn't know what to say at this point. He was at a loss for words.

"I'm sorry, but. . . this is it." Ryan said. "We're done. Don't ever come near me again!"

With that said, Ryan stomped off and left Jakob alone. But not before looking back one last time as a single tear formed in her eye as she quickly wiped it away.

When Jakob was alone, he instantly fell to his knees as tears formed in his eyes. But instead of crying, he just yelled in anger and punched a wall, not caring if it hurt him.

"How could I be so stupid?!" He cried to himself. "Of course we weren't gonna last long! I really am an idiot! Trusting her was a mistake! And so was believing in true love!"

With that said, Jakob just stomped off and left the rooftop without even bothering to pick up the picnic he had set up. It wasn't worth the struggle to him.

And that's how the date ended. Not only did he lose the one he thought would be with him forever, but he had also lost trust in any girl that he'd come across in the future.

Jakob Moon and Ryan belong to me

All rights reserved