Rooftop Hangout

Later that night, Jake had made a small picnic date for him and April, just as Raph had suggested. But as he was setting up, he began to feel a bit weird about the whole thing.

"Oh man. . . what if April doesn't like this?" Jake said to himself. "Is this too much? This is definitely too much."

But as Jake was freaking out and thinking about packing everything up, he took a deep breath to calm himself down. "No. . . I have to do this. I have to show April how much I care about her." He said to himself. "Besides, this isn't an official date. And it's not like I plan to ask he to be my girlfriend or anything. I don't even know if she feels that way about me anyway."

With his thoughts wandering his mind like a lost puppy, Jake finished setting up the picnic and texted April to meet him there. All he had to do now, was wait for April to arrive.

After a few more minutes of waiting, April finally arrived at the rooftop. She smiled as she walked up to Jake and sat down next to him.

"Hey, Jake." April said as she was sitting down next to him. "What is all of this?"

"This is just something I thought I'd put together for us to hang out." Jake said, as a slight blush appeared on his face. "You know. . . like a company picnic."

"Oh, that's nice." April said with a small smile.

Jake blushed as the two of them sat in silence for a few minutes, not really sure what to say to each other.

"So. . . your friends are pretty cool." Jake said. "I mean, come on! Mutant turtles living in the sewers? I never would've guessed it."

"Yeah, it's pretty crazy." April said. "I was freaked out at first, but ever since they saved me and my dad, I knew o had to be their friend."

"Though, I don't really know what to think of Donnie." Jake said. "Especially since he's. . . you know?"

"Yeah, he's a real crazy one." April said with a chuckle. "But he doesn't mean any harm. I'm sure you'll come around to liking him."

Jake shrugged. "I don't know." He said honestly. "He seems to despise me at the moment."

"Oh, he'll get over it." April said, not really sounding like she cares that much. "Give it time."

"Let's just eat now, shall we?" Jake said as he opened up the basket.

"Yeah, sure." April said.

With that, the two of them began to eat their picnic and talked for a while about many things.

_______________

*2 HOURS LATER*

After their little rooftop picnic, Jake and April then went to an ice cream shop and got an ice cream. After that, they went back to the rooftop as they stared at the stars, while dangling their legs over the edge. It was definitely a perfect night for them.

"Wow. . . the night is so beautiful." April said with a smile.

"Yeah, it is." Jake said as he looked over at April. "But not as beautiful as you."

April blushed as soon as she heard him say that. "Y-You. . . you think I'm beautiful?" She asked.

"Oh crap, did I say that out loud?" Jake said, as his face turned a dark shade of red. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. God, that's so cliche! I hate myself for that."

"Oh no, it's okay." April said. "You're just in the moment. I get it."

"Oh. . . then I guess I do think that." Jake said. "In fact, you may be one of the most beautiful girls I've ever met."