A Failed Attempt

When Jake arrived home, Makayla was already waiting for him. And when he returned, she greeted him with a big smile.

"So. . . how did it go?" Makayla asked.

"How did what go?" Jake asked.

"Oh, you know." Makayla said with a smirk. "Your date with April."

"It wasn't a date." Jake said as he blushed a bit. "But. . . it went well. We just went out for lunch."

"Sounds like a date." Makayla said.

"It wasn't a date." Jake said. "It was just two friends finally getting the chance to hang out when they haven't been able to the whole day."

"Sure. . ." Makayla smirked.

Jake rolled his eyes as he out his stuff down and sat down on the couch and out his face on his hands.

"This day was the worst. . ." Jake said. "Natalie is so annoying. But on the bright side. . . I don't have to deal with 'her' anymore."

Makayla winced as she remembered earlier when Ryan had come up to her, asking for Jake. She had debated whether or not to tell him that, but she knew she couldn't hold it in for long.

"Uh, Jake. . . there's actually something you should know." Makayla said.

"What's that?" Jake said.

"Well, earlier today. . . something happened." Makayla said. "I didn't know if I should tell you, but-"

*DING DONG*

Makayla was suddenly interrupted when the doorbell rang. "Oh, I wonder who that is." She said.

"I'll get it." Jake said.

"No, I got it." Makayla said. "What if it's Natalie? I don't want you to be stressed a out it if she's here, right?"

Makayla then went to the door and opened it. And to no one's surprise, Ryan was standing right there.

"Oh, it's you again." Ryan said. "I'm here for Jake. Is he here?"

"How did you get this address?" Makayla asked.

"Not important." Ryan said. "Tell me. Is Jake here?"

"Uh. . . no, he's not." Makayla lied. "In fact, you just missed him. He left a long time ago."

"You think I'm stupid?" Ryan asked, annoyed. "School just ended for the day. And I watched him walk home."

"Weird." Makayla said.

"Now let me in." Ryan said as she pushed through Makayla and went into their home.

"Hey, this is trespassing!" Makayla said. "I can have you arrested for this!"

Ryan just ignored her as she went into the living room and saw Jake sitting down on the couch.

"Hey, Jake." Ryan said with a smile. "I hope you don't mind me stopping by."

"What the- Ryan?!" Jake spoke out in shock and fell off the couch in surprise. "What are you doing here?"

"I watched you walking home." Ryan said. "And I figured that I'd stop by for a little visit."

"I'm sorry, bro. I tried to stop her." Makayla said.

"Well, you should've tried harder." Jake said as he stood up. "Anyway, you visited. Time to leave."

"What, that's it?" Ryan spoke out, sounding a bit offended. "You're not gonna let me stay awhile?"

"You know the answer." Jake said.