An Attempt At Comfort

After the intense situation with Natalie and Ryan, Jake went to sit down far away from everyone. He didn't want to see anyone at this point. Natalie had gone too far and he didn't care if his secret was revealed to the school. As long as he didn't have to deal with that anymore.

But the more Jake thought about it, the more he heard Ryan's pleads in his mind and how he handled it.

"You. . . you really hate me that much? You hate me so much that you'd be willing to put your own reputation on this line?!"

"Woah, don't put words in my mouth. I never once said I hated you. In fact, I'd say you're better off without me."

"That's not what you said last time I attempted this. You were rude! You might as well have told me that you hate me!"

"This is ridiculous."

"Uh, Ry. . . maybe it's time to let it go."

"No! You don't understand. . . I've come all this way! We've been planning for this moment to go right. . . you can't reject me."

Jake sighed as he didn't know what to do at this point. He hated having to be rude, but it was what he felt he had to do. But at the same time, he felt bad for what he said.

"Maybe. . . I was too harsh with her." Jale said to himself. "There were better ways I could've handled that. Maybe. . . maybe I should-"

"Jake?" A voice called out to him.

Jake jumped back a bit before seeing who had appeared next to him. It was none other than April.

"Oh, hey April." Jake said. "You startled me."

"Sorry." April said. "What's going on with you? I saw you running out of a classroom a bit ago."

"It's nothing." Jake said. "Just some issues with Natalie and Ryan."

"Oh right, you were with Natalie." April asked. "What happened?"

"Well. . . she brought me to Ryan." Jake asked. "And she tried to get me back with her again. It was just. . . it's so annoying!"

"Oh, you mean that girl with the orange hair?" April asked. "You know her?"

"Oh right. . . I never told you." Jake said. "Ryan. . . she's my ex-girlfriend."

"Really?" April said in shock. "That hot piece of work was your girlfriend?"

"Yeah, she may be pretty on the outside." Jake scoffed. "But on the inside, she's as rotten as a carcass."

"Wow. . . so she's the reason for your heartbreak." April said. "I'm so sorry. . ."

"Don't worry about it." Jake said. "That's just my life."

"How did. . . how did it all go wrong?" April asked.

"Oh, I wish I knew." Jake said. "I thought we were happy together. But that was just wishful thinking on my part."

April sat down next to him. "Well. . . I'd like to know." She said. "Could you maybe. . . tell me your guys' story? Cause now I'm curious."

Jake sighed as he knew he couldn't keep it in forever. So he began to tell their story.

"Well. . . we met in middle school." Jake said. "And we were really good friends back then. Everything from there. . . it seemed good."

At that moment, Jake looked off into the sky as he remembered all of the good times he had with Ryan. And music began to play as Jake began to sing:

Jake: "You hear it every day
Once upon a time they say
Once upon a time in this place
I looked and saw on your face
A smile that spoke to me
In oh so many ways
The Sunday morning bells
Rang out that all was well
Sunshine across the yard
We'd rest when we worked hard
We take a little time off
To appreciate the day