Chapter 2 - Hesitation

It was interesting to watch the dynamic. Not like Eyeless Jack ever had a lot of entertainment options. The most he could do was steal a few books from houses and read those, over and over, until their words became dry of meaning and he could practically spit out novels entire plots at command. But this was new. He got to interact with people, have real, full conversations again.

They all had roles. They all were a family. And Jack could only watch, from the sidelines, in pure awe at what was happening.

He knew each and every one of them. CreepyPasta could only talk to one another, so word spread out often of things that happened. Not by faces, Eyeless Jack knew CreepyPasta were very careful with revealing their face, but names certainly were known.

Eyeless Jack hadn't heard much about this. Just a few whispers that some CreepyPasta were disappearing off of the street, but not in a bad way. Yet he was here, watching it in full.

Sally was just being a kid. The CreepyPasta most of them tended to pity was smiling, coloring a piece of paper and clapping her hands together. Then, there was Ben Drowned, a boy who was known for randomly trolling random Creepypasta with no rhythm or reason, was playing Minecraft on the TV.

Jane the Killer had come out of nowhere, just walking in and taking a cup of coffee for herself. Talked to Ben and Sally for a bit before meeting Eyeless Jack again. They had met once before, briefly. Both had passed on the streets, dark eyes meeting in similar confused gazes for a moment. It was a bit awkward to meet again.

Then, there was Jeff. Easily the most famous known one. Boy had a reputation. Yet, the first time Jack saw him, he was wearing a baby blue apron and was baking lava cakes. With his long hair tied back into a ponytail, doing just... normal things.

They were normal. A family. All formed around that single skeleton. Who cared for them, like some sort of Mother, in a weird way. And it made sense, he did have a kid with one of them.

"Are ya staying here or not?"

It was Ben who confronted Eyeless Jack first. Not anyone else. Jack wasn't sure who he would have been expecting to confront him. He had stayed here for a full day, just absorbing his surroundings in pure shock. This was real. They were serial killers living normally.

"I... I don't know," Eyeless Jack whispered.

"Look, dude, you can't keep blueballing all of us, you have to choose or dip," Ben said.

"Aren't you like, 12?" Jack asked.

"Kinda. I'm a teenage boy, thirteen years old. I gotta keep up with what teenage boys do."

Yeah. Fair. It was a time of his life that Jack deeply despised. Just how much he talked about sex, as an ignorant little child, unaware what he was even spouting out. Most of the time, he had just repeated what he heard the bigger kids at the school saying, and what he could learn from the late night TV programs he snuck to watch while his parents slept.

It must be hell stuck in that age forever. Jack couldn't imagine it.

"Anyways," Ben said, "You staying or not? We need to know so we can update the chore list. And buy more food. Which is out of my wallet, which means I have to rob rich white dudes more..." He tilted his head back. "Ugh. Why do they have to be so stupidly rich that I can't just kill them."

Jack glanced back around the room. It was a weird clash of killers and normal family lives. Knives next to family pictures. Bleach, gloves, rope, and more all neatly collected into a box that could be easily disposed.

"Just... pick, alright? We need to know." Ben tapped his phone on. "Now that Sans is in the job field again that means we need to all be on the same page. Jeff cooks everyone food, I bring in extra money, Jack - other Jack, not you - takes care of the kid, Jane keeps her ears open for any investigations, Smile Dog is in charge when Sans is at work, and Sally is... cute, I guess. Though Bean's starting to take on that role..."