Chapter 18 - After A Date

The date went by nicely. They ate nice food, joked about how many outfits Sans could clearly pull off, and ended on a high note. Sans paid, because he was the only one with a credit card, and then they were both off.

"As I said, I'm fine with paying," Sans said as they walked down the street, hand in hand.

"Simp," She muttered under her breath, dragging out a snort from Sans.

It was a nice night for a walk. And it felt nice to comfortably walk next to a forest again. Sans squeezed Jane's hand absentmindedly, and she returned the squeeze. Sans didn't realize how much he liked human body heat until he met Laughing Jack. Their hands were warm, almost comforting.

"Oh my lord, why did we park the car so far?" Sans whined, legs already exhausted from doing any physical labor.

"To enjoy the wonders of nature, Sans," Jane said, looking over with a grin.

"Fuck nature. My legs hurt."

"You're a skeleton, just rob a grave and get new legs."

"Good point. I should. But then again, that's too much work."

Jane craned her neck to look up, glancing at the dazzling bright sky above her as they fell into silence again. "Maybe we should do a date looking at stars." She said.

Sans couldn't hold down his grin. "Really?" He asked.

"Yeah, I've always liked them. And serial killers kinda associate night with freedom, so yeah, I like the moon and stars."

How the fuck was Sans this lucky? He could only lean against her with a soft smile. Laughing Jack and Jane. Two amazing, hot, talented people. And he was dating them both. With a daughter who he loved with all of his soul.

Then came the pain.

Ever so sudden. Certainly unexpected. A rush of wind, something blurring past him, and a sudden sharp - yet soft - pain blossomed across his cheek. Both he and Jane jumped back at the sudden attack, and when something whizzed past them and embedded the grass behind them, they both quickly pulled their bodies behind a large car to block them from the origin of the attack.

"It looks like knives." Sans pressed a hand against his cheekbone, feeling some liquid dribble lightly. Blood. "Surgical knives."

"And with aim like that, this isn't some one-off killer, it's a CreepyPasta." Jane peeked out from behind the car before she bunched up her dress, pulling out a knife that was strapped to her leg. "I can handle whoever they are." Sans stared at the knife. Jane only offered a shrug and awkward grin. "Just in case. Like right now. Because now I can fight."

"You sure we can't just 'port outta here? If it's a CreepyPasta they can just find other victims. No need for us to get our hands dirty."

One more knife whizzed by as if warning them to not exit their safe space. They certainly didn't.

"They're aiming for you despite you walking with a very well-known CreepyPasta. Out in the open. I think they know who you are and don't like it," Jane said, tilting her knife.

"Shit, right, I keep forgetting that you guys all seem to know each other," Sans said, wiping the blood onto his pants.

"And now everyone knows you. There aren't many monster skeletons, and you walked in full public with Sally. Rumors spread." Jane motioned for Sans to scoot closer, which he quickly did. "I'm honestly surprised you haven't been attacked sooner."

"Let's not jinx that for the future."

Then, there was silence.

No more knives. No footsteps, or tingling magic in the air. Just Jane's quiet breaths of air gently blowing between her slightly ajar lips, and the drop of blood that trailed down his cheekbone onto the concrete below.