Chapter 13 - Toby Has Joined Your Party!

Now, Toby trusted Clockwork. Why wouldn't he? They were together through so much, she was practically a sister to him. It was a serious shame that neither of them were remotely straight. But after years of being together, surviving the cruel world, seeing a hellish sight on a particular Valentines Day, he knew her pretty well. Trusted his life to her and her alone.

But entering this house made him question his trust of her. Just a little bit.

What the hell did he walk into?

Clockwork had promised several things as they approached. The monster that took them in was nice. That they got homemade meals because Jeff took up cooking, though Toby was uncertain about that. Seriously? Jeff the Killer as a chef? Please. She reassured him that it was actually quite nice there. He was skeptical, but she was Clockwork, and he trusted her.

When they arrived, the front door practically slammed open in front of his face. Toby and Clockwork had to both jump out of the way, and someone he never wanted to see was standing at the door. Tall, towering over the two with a cold, almost terrifying expression.

"You." His eyes narrowed, pupils narrowing at Toby.

"I -" Toby snapped his head towards Clockwork. "You didn't tell me Laughing fucking Jack was - was here!"

"I forgot you two have a history, uh... whoops," Clockwork said, chuckling nervously. She clapped her hands together. "But Jack, he's no longer -"

"Yeah, I know. I heard from my box. Toby left. But he still put me in the god damn box. By association." Laughing Jack narrowed his eyes at Toby. "I don't like you."

Okay, this was terrifying. Laughing Jack lived here. Outside of his box. In the open. Free to roam. Laughing fucking Jack. One of the few people able to counter Slenderman. And he was just... here? Why was Clockwork okay with this? She knew how deadly he was!

"What are you doing here? Is Sans with you? You aren't Sans." Laughing Jack pushed the two aside, glancing behind them as if they were hiding something behind him. "You came up to the house and you didn't even bring Sans?"

"Sans isn't here?" Clockwork asked.

"No. He left. I hoped you guys were him. But you brought this thing here..."

To emphasize his annoyance of the situation, Laughing Jack gestured to Toby. Toby glanced away, fingers tapping together by his side. Clockwork was going to have some explaining to do.

"Is Sans okay?" Clockwork asked.

"Yes, he just suddenly decided to go on a bonding trip with Bean and I think he's mad at me," He muttered, "I think it's because I didn't have sex with him."

"... Wh.. what?" Toby eyed Clockwork with an expression purely of 'What the fuck'.

"What are you still doing here?" Laughing Jack asked Toby.

"He's moving in for a bit," Clockwork explained. She peeked in past Laughing Jack. "I know he's not a Creepypasta anymore but you know Sans probably won't care."

"No, I won't know because he isn't here right now and what am I supposed to do without Sans?" Laughing Jack huffed but pulled away from the door nevertheless, looking very annoyed and very terrifying. "And little Beanie isn't even here so I'm bored."

Toby felt his shoulder jerk out as he stepped inside of the house, eyes trained on Clockwork to see if she was absolutely certain about living with a creature like that. Toby only saw Laughing Jack once before, and it was a horrific sight. Dripping with blood, a big grin spread onto his face as he waltzed up to Slenderman. Even now, when Toby looked at the clown, that image still rang throughout his mind. His muscles felt tense, body aching to run and run far.