Chapter 7 - Jane Tells A Story

Smile Dog didn't expect this. Looking back and forth between them in horror. Uh oh.

This was the first time they really faced each other in the same house. Sans made sure to move Jeff to different rooms whenever Jane visited or stayed. But Sans wasn't here.

The last time they really spoke face to face was when Jane threatened Jeff about approaching Sans. And that was forever ago. Most of the time they passed each other now with glaring expressions in the hallway.

"She's a child and you're showing her this?" Jane had huffed when she walked in, moving to go pick up Bean. "Where is Sans? And that clown? Shouldn't they be babysitting Jeff?"

"It wasn't him who put on the show for her, I did," Ben said, turning towards her.

"My statement still stands," Jane said. Her high heels clicked against the wooden floor as she walked into the kitchen. "Isn't it time to feed her now?"

"We were about to."

No response. Just the fridge door opening. Finally did she walk back in, a bottle in her hand as Bean swatted at it yet again.

Smile Dog sighed. He knew she wouldn't do anything to the kid. Sure, she despised Jeff, but she never did take it out on anyone around him. Just Jeff and Smile Dog.

"I'm sorry."

The words made Smile Dog pause, turning around to see Jeff looking to the side. Jane's heels stopped making any sound.

This was happening? Was it really happening? Here? Now?

"I... uh... I can't go back and undo it. But uh... I wish I didn't turn you into... this." Jeff bit his lip. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry?" Jane's left eye twitched as she tilted her head. "You're sorry?"

Moving quickly, she practically shoved Bean into Ben's arms, along with the bottle. Ben quickly backed up the moment he had the child, not wanting to be between those two when they were arguing.

"You dare apologize after everything you've done? You didn't even know me and you ruined my goddamn life, my family, and you're APOLOGIZING? NOW? After three years of - no, no, fuck you! You don't get to apologize and pretend you're good now just because some short ass skeleton decided to be 'not like the others'. Fuck - just fuck you! Don't you dare pretend you get to apologize and just -" Jane jabbed a finger at him. "Fuck right off and take that damn dog with you, you can't just ruin so many lives and get to be a good guy. You are in no place to apologize and honestly, you should rot in hell."

Jeff stared. Eyes wide, mouth downturned, trying to avoid her narrowed glare. 

"Oh, wow, I suddenly have to go uh... feed my cat, bye." Ben turned around and quickly rushed out of the room. His footsteps thudded in the hallway.

"I can't wait to get my hands on you and rip you to shreds, I'll make you even regret being born," Jane hissed out. "I fucking - I can't. I hate you. Fuck you."

~~~~~~~

"Holy shit, it's already nine thirty."

Sans hadn't realized how much time had passed. He had been driving towards the Underground, but after talking to Jack for a bit, decided to pull over the car to show him a picture on his phone he had taken of a funny looking cat. Then they kept talking, and now it was 9:30. They hadn't even managed to go Underground at all. They just talked away the hours in the car, pulled onto the side of the road. Sans didn't even remember how, but he had moved to the backseat to properly talk to his boyfriend.

Just wow. He didn't expect this. He and Jack had almost nothing in common despite their enjoyment of humor, but they were able to talk away for hours without noticing the time flying by. And he actually really enjoyed it. Really, really enjoyed it. Like, he was dating this guy that he really loved talking to. That realization made him blush a bright blue. He was funny, interesting, and Sans could talk to him without getting bored. Sans wasn't much of a talker for long periods of time. But he liked talking to him to know him better, and he wanted Laughing Jack to know him too.