Chapter 12 - She Finds Toby

"Get over here, you big goof!" Clockwork had pronounced loudly, quickly scooting down the slight hill from the road and extending out her arms.

"Clockwork!"

The hug was deep and clingy, both laughing and chuckling as they met up once again with each other.

"What are... are you doing - whooop - here?" Toby asked, fingers digging into her shoulder as he pulled away. "I can't believe I'm seeing you ah - ah - ah - again!"

"I know, it's been what, four years?" She said, hands on his. "I've been worried sick about you! You suddenly stopped killing people and didn't even send me any messages."

Toby snorted at her statement, his shoulder jutting out a few times. "Yeah, sorry, just... just was on the run from Slenderman, you know? I can't stay in one place for too... too long or you know, he'll find me, haha." He rubbed the back of his shoulder, smile still eagerly clinging to his face. "I was going to see if I can talk to you again but you know, it's - whoop, whooooop - hard to try and find other CreepyPasta when I'm too busy watching out for my own ass."

"You're ticking a lot man."

"Because I'm excited to see... see you!" Toby pressed his hands together, almost as if he'd lose his sense of grounding from just how ecstatic they both were to meet again. "You can't just jump into my life suddenly and not - weeeeep - expect me to freak out with fucking joy!"

"Well, I'm glad I found ya, didn't really anticipate finding you on uh... this day," Clockwork said, averting her eyes. "But it was the quickest I could go out on a ride with my motorcycle since I know Jane wouldn't be cool with me wasting days to come get you on foot. You know how Jane is. Doesn't like you much."

"Would would like the ex boyfriend of their... their date? I wouldn't," Toby snickered.

"Eh, you still got it." She ruffled his hair, ever so proud as to finally find him. Moving back slightly to let his shoulder jerk out again. "How have you been holding up, since the uh... the event?"

"It's ah... it's been decent. You know. Run... running and running away from Slenderman and the other - wooop - proxies," Toby said, "Not only that but I'm also running from you know who."

Ugh. Clockwork grimaced. "He's still being weird?"

"It's gotten worse. I tried to see if he was doing better a couple -" Toby's mouth clicked a few times, "- of months ago but he's officially gone crazy. So I'm running from... from him too, now."

"Yikes."

"Ye... yeah, yikes."

Clockwork couldn't help but feel bad for the poor fellow. Not his fault that happened. But he wasn't very stable after it did. Started going crazy.

"So why'd you come find... find me?" Toby finally asked, glancing over. "It wouldn't - woooop - be just because I went dry on the news."

"Well, that was the original reason I have been keeping an eye out for you," Clockwork said, "But I decided to come find you after something happened."

"Is everything o... okay?"

Toby looked ever so worried that Clockwork quickly stuck out her hands to calm him. "No, no, quite the opposite actually! I don't think you've heard about it since you've sorta stopped being a CreepyPasta, but there's a CreepyPasta sanctuary now."

"Sanctuary?"

He tilted his head to the side. Clockwork chuckled, flicking some of his fluffy brown hair. If only she wasn't a hardcore lesbian. Their relationship was doomed from the start. Both thought they were straight when they entered it. What a foolish idea.