[ 022 ] judge, jury, executioner

HEART OF GLASS
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO !

HEART OF GLASSCHAPTER TWENTY-TWO !

[ season two, episode eleven ]

The group were reconvening at sunset to discuss Randall's fate.

A plan to put an end to his life had been sealed, unsealed, and then put on temporary hold. Dale was reluctant to allow the idea of murdering their prisoner in cold blood just because of his affiliation with a group of bad men to pass them by all so easily. He wanted to find another way. A more morally inclined approach ── where he wouldn't lose touch with his humanity. And Dale wanted the same to be said for the rest of the group.

Marley was already set on the idea of letting Rick kill Randall. It wasn't a hard decision to make, and it became especially easy when Daryl briefly told them all what Randall had confessed in the barn. About the women they found out in the wilderness during their raids, about what they did to these aforementioned women.

Worse than murder.

It was nothing he could come back from. Randall was ruled guilty by association.

The sooner he was gone, the better.

Marley scuffed her shoes against the grass, wandering around beneath an empty tree grove. She was getting some space away from the chaos at the farm, a moment to herself. Sage still refused to talk to her, Shane was being his typical self, a guilty-looking Andrea was always within her peripheral vision, and Lori was constantly checking up on her ── which in all honesty, was starting to get a little suffocating.

She just wanted five minutes to breathe.

And so she did.

In. Out. In. Out. In. O ─

"Are you okay?"

A small voice. Concerned.

Marley whirled around, pressing a hand to her chest out of fright. Carl Grimes was approaching, a foreign handgun tucked between his small fingers. He shouldn't have that, right?

"Carl," Marley said sharply. "What are you doing up here?"

Her eyes flickered past the young boy, scanning their perimeter warily. The farmhouse was a mere speck in the yonder ── acres of fields and land separating them from the immediate safety of their group. He was too far out, and she already knew Lori wouldn't be pleased about his endeavours.