02

February 3, 1906
📍Yoo house
Dahyun's room

"I told Miss Kim she wasn't beautiful. I've never felt so guilty." Jeongyeon complained.

"Jeongyeon, don't worry. Miss Kim bears no grudge. After that she asked you for her name."

"After asking my name, she got up and I never saw her again. She probably asked me it in order to talk to her father. If our father finds out... Dahyun, I'm afraid of the consequences."

"Don't worry, Misses Kim are well-mannered. I doubt they'll do you any wrong." her brother reassured her.

Jeongyeon shook her head. "Don't you understand? I have done her wrong by denying her beauty and any girl I know would complain about that. Certainly my ways have not been so well-mannered."

"Sister, the only advice I can give you is to go to the Kim family and personally apologize to Miss Kim."

"I'll go ask Jimin to go to the Kims immediately. Tell our father."
Jeongyeon stood up and made a quick bow to greet her brother, and then ran out of his room, while her brother shook his head a little amused.

Dahyun then looked at a piece of paper lying on the nightstand next to his bed, where he and, previously, his sister were sitting.

"Myoui Momo... She is a girl with pleasant company."

<🐯>

📍Chaeyoung's room

"Master Chaeyoung, how did you find yourself yesterday at the event held by the Kim family? What do you think of the girl they introduced you?" Ryujin, the maid of the four guys, asked as she arranged the boy's clothes she had just washed.

"Very well, thanks for your interest, Ryujin. Miss Mina is delightful and you know that I chose her myself. Being the youngest, my father had thought of giving her to Tzuyu but I asked him to give her to me."

"I know this very well, Master Chaeyoung. I think you have done very well. I have heard rumors that Miss Myoui has a noble and sensitive soul and she could only be with you." Ryujin said, turning from the closet to the boy.

"Thank you, Ryujin. Do you know when I will be able to see her again?"

"Only your father knows it, but I think you can ask him to go see Miss Myoui if you like." the maid reassured him, smiling at him.

<🐶>

📍Yoo garden

"Good morning Jimin." Jeongyeon greeted with a reverence.

"Good morning, Miss Yoo. May I be of any use to you?" the man asked her.

"I have to go urgently to the Kim family. Do you think this dress suits me?"

"You always look beautiful with whatever you wear."

"I don't want to be beautiful. I just want to look presentable to the Kims." the girl, who was wearing an ivory dress tight at the waist but with a straight skirt, said.

"Miss Kim will certainly appreciate your choice. Perhaps they would prefer to see you with tied hair." the man answered uncertainly.

"I hate to tie it. It isn't even that long. I think I'll leave it as it is."

"When you want, we can leave." Jimin told her, opening the carriage door.

"Thank you." Jeongyeon said, holding her dress so she wouldn't trip, and getting into the vehicle.

The man closed the door and went to his position, holding the bridle tight. He gave the horse a light tap and the carriage finally began to move. Jeongyeon was a little nervous but she hoped her plan would work. The journey lasted about half an hour and in that time the girl formulated a speech to make, in the hope that Nayeon would not interrupt her monologue. She then decided to go for a shorter and more concise speech, but she was quite uncertain about this too. Suddenly the carriage stopped and, after a few seconds, Jimin opened the door. Jeongyeon elegantly got out and looked at the Kim house. They were already inside the garden, as the gate had been opened especially for Miss Yoo.

"Do you want me to accompany you?" Jimin asked.

"No, thank you."

Jeongyeon began walking slowly towards the door, wondering how the girl would react. She felt terribly nervous, because she knew perfectly well what her father could do if he knew about it. She arrived at the door without even realizing it and knocked three times with the special hook. After a few seconds, the door was opened by a woman who Jeongyeon assumed was the maid or caregiver.

"Hello, I'm Yoo Jeongyeon. Is it possible to see Miss Kim Nayeon?" the girl asked.

Upon hearing the surname "Yoo", the woman immediately understood that she could give her what she wanted.
"Come in. I'll go get Miss Nayeon."

The woman made room for her and Jeongyeon entered, finding herself in a tea room smaller than that of the events but certainly very spacious. The girl went to the sofa and sat down.

The maid, whose name was Yuna, slowly climbed the stairs and went to the second floor. She walked to the second door on the right and knocked gently.

"Come in." Nayeon said.

The waitress adjusted her uniform and then entered. She bowed and looked at the girl, who was sitting on the desk and looking at family portraits of her.

"They want you." the woman said.

"Is it a boy who came to court me?" Nayeon asked a little bored.

"No, it's Miss Yoo Jeongyeon."

Nayeon raised an eyebrow. "Yoo Jeongyeon? What does she want?" she asked, getting up.

Yuna immediately knew she had to take her to Miss Yoo, so she started walking and Nayeon followed at a slow pace, although she wanted to go faster, driven by the curiosity of that visit from her. She went down the stairs and on the sofa she saw a black-haired head. Jeongyeon, when she heard the sound of shoes on the stairs, immediately turned and looked at the girl who was coming down. She remembered her very differently. At the party she had an apricot pink dress tight at the waist and with a skirt that was larger than hers and her hair was blonde and tight in a bun. Also, she had a pretty accentuated pink make-up. Nayeon, when she saw Jeongyeon, remembered what she had told her the night before. It was really true that she didn't like her clothes and tied hair.

"Good morning, Miss Yoo Jeongyeon." Nayeon said, looking her straight in her eyes.

"Good morning, Miss Kim Nayeon." Jeongyeon said, bowing.

(i forgot to mention that Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu are boys but I think you understood that. I had to make them boys to make the story more realistic, since it's set in 1906)