37

March 20, 1906
📍Seoul, South Korea

"Myoui Momo, do you want to take Yoo Dahyun as your spouse? Love and respect him until death do you part?"

"I do." Momo said, holding tightly Dahyun's hand with hers.

"Yoo Dahyun, do you want to take Myoui Momo as your bride? Love and respect her until death do you part?"

Dahyun looked at his girlfriend and smiled. "I do."

"You may kiss the bride."

Dahyun lifted the veil of his now wife and placed his delicate lips on those of the Japanese.

March 20, 1906
📍Manila, Philippines

"What are you doing, Chaeyoung?" Jeongyeon asked as she set foot in her brother's house.

"Jeongyeon, what are you doing? You are letting that woman manipulate you. Because of her and you, Lee Minhyuk will marry Mina. Aren't you willing to help me?"

Sana, who had accompanied Jeongyeon, entered the large house that Chaeyoung had rented and looked at the scene sadly. Chaeyoung had told her everything and did not know which side to take.

"Chaeyoung, if you really love Mina, run away with her, like I did with Nayeon. Don't hurt your sister." Jeongyeon told him, hoping to see her brother again, that sensitive boy.

"Jeongyeon, if you really loved me, you would go back to Korea." Chaeyoung stated.

Jeongyeon shook her head. "You are my brother, but I cannot love anyone more than Nayeon."

"You are crazy. You don't deserve our family surname." the boy said. "Well, either you come back, or I'll tell our father where you are."

"Chaeyoung..." Sana said, holding her breath.

"What do you want? Jeongyeon, decide: either your relationship or Kim Nayeon's life."

Jeongyeon's eyes widened. That wasn't his brother. Love didn't just make you crazy, it also made monsters. He had often accused her of being a monster to love a woman, but only then did she realize what a monster really was.

"Give me a few days to handle the situation." Jeongyeon said, and then left the house.

"Aren't you exaggerating? You should have seen Nayeon when Jeongyeon decided to talk to you. She was in tears."

"I could have ended this a few days ago if you had given me the address of their house." Chaeyoung said, then sat down.

"My sister doesn't want you like that. She loves the sensitive and sweet Chaeyoung, not the monster you have become."

"Just as my brother prefers any baker that has led to the ruin of an entire family, or rather two, to you, a sweet noblewoman." Chaeyoung said, pointing out how of little use kindness was.

"You are a villain." Sana said, and then left that house.

<🌸>

March 20, 1906
📍Manila, Philippines

"What happened?"  "Are there any dead?" "What a disgrace!"

Seeun stopped when she saw a group of people standing by and chatting. "Excuse me, did something happen?"

"A ship from Korea was wrecked." explained a woman.

"Let me pass. Do any of you recognize these objects?" asked a man from the port.

"Myoui..." Seeun read on a gold bracelet. "Isn't that Sana's surname?"

<🐶>

March 20, 1906
📍Yoon house
Nayeon and Jeongyeon's room

The older one was sobbing in the other's arms. "I don't want to lose you."

"Neither do I but it is the only choice I have. I have sworn to protect you."

"You also swore not to leave me." Nayeon reminded her, still crying loudly. "Why... Why is everyone against us?"

"Calm down, please." Jeongyeon asked her.

"How can I? How can I calm down?What do you want? Do you want me to be with SeokJin or Seeun?" Nayeon asked, still immersed in her embrace.

"The last thing I want is to see you with someone else. Nayeon, believe me, I love you. I love you so much. I have never stopped loving you, not even for a second. I have never doubted that I love you, not even for a second. I will continue to love you. I'll love you, forever. I promise you that I will solve everything."

"You always say that, and yet everything got complicated."

"Jeongyeon! Nayeon!" Seeun yelled, breaking into their room. "Is Myoui Sana's surname?" Nayeon parted from Jeongyeon with her eyes still filled with tears. Seeun watched her. "Don't tell me that Chaeyoung..."

"That's Sana's surname." Jeongyeon answered, stroking Nayeon's back.

"A ship sank and its passengers with it. They found a gold bracelet with 'Myoui' written on it."

"Her sisters... Momo and Mina. Where is this bracelet located?" Jeongyeon asked.

<🐹>

March 20, 1906
📍 Manila Police Station

"It's definitely Mina's." Sana said with a dry throat.

A set of tears accumulated in her eyes. Seeun hugged her to let her vent. Jeongyeon arrived at that moment with Chaeyoung, who had tears in his eyes.

"Where did you get it?" he asked a sailor.

"She was on the ship. The girl pretended to be a man..."

Flashback

March 17, 1906
📍Ship

A strong storm hit the sea on which Mina was traveling. Everyone began to worry.

"Keep calm!" a man yelled, in vain.

Mina got out of her cabin and went out onto the terrace, noticing strong waves. Some threw themselves into the sea in despair, others prayed, still others protected their children.

"Mr. Hirai!" a man yelled.

Mina was swept away by a wave and her body was carried by it. A sailor jumped into the sea, willing to save the man, knowing he was rich and hoping for a reward. He managed to catch him and swam painfully towards the ship.

"Mom!" screamed a child, also in the water.

"Save him." Mina said.

"Are you a girl?" the man asked surprised.

"Chaeyoung, don't separate Nayeon and Jeongyeon." the girl said.

"Chaeyoung?"

"Chaeyoung, I love you."
That said, Mina closed her eyes forever. A wave carried her away from the sailor's arms, and also from the world.

End of flashback

"She's in a better world now..." Sana said, still sobbing.

"A world where I am not... She died for me... She died because I wanted to take Jeongyeon away." Chaeyoung said, sitting down with his back against the wall.

"Chaeyoung, are you okay?" asked Nayeon, who was in Jeongyeon's arms and broke away to sit next to him.

"Forgive me." sobbed the boy.

Nayeon stroked his back and Chaeyoung rested his head on her shoulder, shedding a thousand tears, one for each piece of heart that broke.

mina did not deserve this
it's the third time I've read it and it keeps breaking my heart