25

February 24, 1906
📍Seul, South Korea

"Here they sell the best fabrics." Ms. Yoo said in front of a shop. "However, I promised myself to go shopping myself. Ryujin better stay at home with the boys. We can't have any surprises before the wedding. We have to go to the bakery."

The two women continued walking until they stopped in front of the shop of Ms. Lee,- who was not related to Minhyuk- the new owner after the old woman had suddenly disappeared. Ms. Yoo entered, followed by Sana.

"Mrs. Yoo, what a pleasure to see you. Is this beautiful girl your daughter-in-law?" Mrs. Lee asked.

"She will be soon." Ms. Yoo answered smiling.

There was a noise upstairs. "Oh. My daughter... Please forgive her. She told me she was moving furniture and your son offered to help her."

"My son? Tzuyu?" asked Ms. Yoo confused.

"Yes, is there perhaps some problem?"

"Since when has my son been doing such hard work alone? Is he a poor servant? So the friend he always goes to is your daughter? Go get me Tzuyu." the woman said sternly.

Ms. Lee had nothing to do but obey and after about ten minutes she showed up with Tzuyu and her daughter behind him.

"Mother..."

"Tzuyu, what are you doing here? We were waiting for you at home and we found out that you are here doing some... Rubbish, pass me the word, with the baker's daughter?" his mother asked incredulously.

"Chaeryoung, please forgive me. Mother, I'm just helping Miss Chaeryoung move some furniture, that's all." the boy justified himself.

"How come the folded shirt and the untidy hair?" the woman asked, arching an eyebrow. "Your girlfriend is here waiting for you and you are with someone else? Shame on you."

"Sana, I'm sorry."

Sana's eyes were filled with tears. Although they didn't love each other, she felt betrayed. She felt replaced. She wasn't feeling enough, because Tzuyu might have had her but he'd still decided to spend his time with that Chaeryoung.

"Tzuyu, now you will go home with Sana and then you will send the carriage back here." his mother asked him.

Tzuyu walked to the door with his head down and opened it, waiting for Sana to come out first. Sana approached him and left, being followed by the boy. Ms. Lee asked Ms. Yoo's forgiveness several times, while Chaeryoung watched her great love disappear with another.

<🐰>

February 24, 1906
📍Yoon house
Entrance hall

Nayeon and Seeun were on the sofa, exchanging a few words. The Korean had to admit that she was a good person, very simple and that she loved helping others. Seeun found that Seoyeon was not as sour as she seemed. There was a knock and Seeun stood up.

"It will be Kyungwan." Nayeon said.

"Certainly." Seeun said, adjusting her skirt.

"Why are you, miss, no, you settling down?" the girl asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't want our friend to see me in disorder. I always want to be presentable."

It was at that moment that Nayeon remembered why she hated that girl.

"As you finish settling down, I'll open up. Kyungwan and I have such a strong relationship that no matter how she sees me, she'll always come back to me." Nayeon said, getting up and walking to the door.

"Don't bother, I'll open it." Seeun insisted, reaching for it.

There was a knock again and Seeun grabbed the handle, opening the door and finding herself in front of Jeongyeon.

"Kyungwan! How did it go?" She asked, letting her in.

"Very well. We will start working tomorrow. Seoyeon, we should wake up very early and we will work ten hours. Are you ready for this?" Jeongyeon asked, also willing to work for both of them for twenty hours.

"Very ready. I'll never leave your side." Nayeon stated, hugging Jeongyeon to the side and looking with a half grin at Seeun, who twisted her mouth.

"Kyungwan! Seoyeon and I went shopping today and I found a new dress. What do you think?" Seeun asked, trying to regain the attention of the one she wanted to be her best friend.

"You are very beautiful, Seeun." Jeongyeon answered her, causing a big smile in the girl in front and a greater jealousy in the one next to her, who broke the embrace.

"I will go to rest in our room." she said, underlining "ours." "Tomorrow we will have a lot to do and we have to wake up early. Kyungwan, are you coming or would you like to stay and talk about how beautiful Seeun is? If you weren't a girl, who knows if you weren't engaged to her."

"I enjoy your company so much that, if you were a boy, I would surely have chosen you as my husband." Seeun stated.

Nayeon decided to leave before throwing the vase of flowers on the table over to Seeun.

"Seeun, I'm going to rest. Seoyeon and I should wake up early."

"Good night. I hope you have happy dreams."

"You too."

Jeongyeon turned away from her friend and joined Nayeon, knowing she was going to have to clash with her beloved. She entered the room and found her still dressed in the bed, back facing her. She went in front of her and found her crying. Jeongyeon was immediately alarmed.

"What are you doing? Why are you crying?" she asked worriedly.

"It's your fault. You give your attention to other women." Nayeon explained in a broken voice.

Jeongyeon wiped her tears away with her index finger and continued to stroke her cheeks. "Nayeon, the others need a dress to look more beautiful, you always are. To me you are the most beautiful, the kindest, the sweetest, you are everything to me. I have given up my family for you. Do you really think that I would leave you? I wouldn't do that even if the second most beautiful woman in the world were to come to me."

"Why the second? Would you leave me for the first?" Nayeon asked, frowning.

"The first is you." Jeongyeon whispered.

Nayeon smiled and sat on the bed, hugging her girlfriend. "I'm just afraid she might take you away from me."

"It's never going to happen. I don't think that's her intent, and if it is, I'll never let that happen."

"She... She wants to be your best friend."

"Best friend, not girlfriend."

"But I am your best friend. I am the first in everything for you." said Nayeon still in the embrace.

"So what are you worried about? The others will always be second as long as you are there."

i want someone like jeongyeon