10

February 12, 1906
📍Yoo house
Tea Room

"Dahyun, I don't understand why I have to be with you and your betrothed." Jeongyeon said confused.

"Sister, Momo would like to know you and be your friend. It will be good for you to have another friend. Please, it is important to me that my sister and my future wife get along."

"I'm just doing it for you. Momo never seemed interested in me and now she suddenly is."

"She always saw you distant from everyone. She didn't want to disturb you." Dahyun explained to her.

She heard a knock on the door and Ryujin went to open it, finding herself in front of the girl they were talking about.

"Miss Myoui, come in." the woman said, making room for her.

"Thank you." she said, looking around, smiling at Dahyun's view. "Dahyun, how are you?"

"Now that I've got a look at you, I'm good."

"Flatterer." Momo commented with a smile.

"Only with you."

Jeongyeon watched the couple with embarrassment, but at the same time she was happy for her brother.

"I leave you alone. Have fun." Dahyun said, standing up, walking towards the stairs.

Momo walked over to Jeongyeon and smiled at her. "Jeongyeon, it is a pleasure to meet you."

"For me too, Momo. How are you?"

"Very well. Your brother makes me very happy." the Japanese answered, sitting down next to her.

"Have you already planned the wedding?"

"Only your brother Chaeyoung and my sister Mina have talked to my father. Dahyun intends to wait. Don't you have anyone?" the girl asked curiously.

"Not at the moment." Jeongyeon stated.

"Do you like to dance?"

"Not much. I prefer to stay home and read."

"I find it boring to read, but I do it anyway. What are you reading?"

"The Betrothed. Do you know it?"

"Of course. My father has a volume in his library." stated the Japanese.

"Have you read it? What do you think of it?"

"Lucia's character is sad. She almost seems like she doesn't want to marry Renzo."

"She reminds me a little of our situation with forced marriages. Lucia, however, is supposed to be in love with Renzo, even if her fear stops her."

"What do you think of Romeo and Juliet?" Momo then asked.

"Their story also reminds me of ours. Juliet loved Romeo but she couldn't stay with him because her father didn't agree and she was forced to marry Paris."

"I think it's right that she marries Paris. What right does she have to decide on her life?" Momo asked innocently, since she was used to follow the orders of her father.

"Why will you marry my brother? Vecayse do you love him or just to make your father happy?"

"Primarily for my father, of course." the Japanese answered.

Ryujin came to them followed by a girl. Jeongyeon looked behind the maid and smiled.

"Nayeon, I didn't expect a visit from you." she said happily.

"I came to get you. Today I would like to go to town to shop." Nayeon informed her.

"Oh... I... I'm with Miss Momo." Jeongyeon said sadly.

"Nayeon, I'm sorry but Jeongyeon and I are having a dialogue between sisters-in-law." Momo informed her.

"Momo, please, let Jeongyeon talk. Will you stay with your little sister in law or come with me?" Nayeon asked, placing her friend in front of a difficult choice.

Jeongyeon would have undoubtedly chosen Nayeon but she had to stay with Momo, she had to do it for Dahyun.

She sighed and looked at Momo, then Nayeon. "I'm sorry, Nayeon. I have plans with Momo."

Nayeon couldn't believe it. She didn't expect her friend to prefer Momo to her.

"Good. I see that you need just any chicken that comes and decides to be your friend and you replace me as if nothing had happened."

"It is not like that." Jeongyeon tried to justify herself but in vain.

"You have nothing to justify. Spend the day with your best friend. Who am I after all? Just your first friend."

Nayeon was hurt and she wanted to cry but she wouldn't do it in front of Momo. Even with the Myoui twins she didn't really have a great relationship. Sure, they talked to each other, but Nayeon didn't like them very much.

"Are you jealous of me?" Momo asked confusedly.

"Why on earth?"

"Because do you think I'm stealing your best friend? That's not the case at all." the Japanese assured her.

"Best friend? Who is your best friend, Nayeon?" asked confused Jeongyeon, who did not think it was her, not considering herself equal to her.

"It's you." Momo whispered.

"Have fun. I'll go shopping around town with Jungkook. He'll never leave me."

In those words there was the intent to hurt Jeongyeon and she succeeded. She left Yoo house and asked Jimin to drive her home.

"Are you fine?" Momo asked, seeing Jeongyeon shaken.

"She considers me her best friend. Did I hear that right?" she asked incredulously with a smile.

"Yes. Yet you have known each other for so little. Nayeon has no friends. That may be why she already considers you her friend to her heart." Momo commented.

"And now she is offended and she is going to town with Jungkook..."

"Is Jungkook the coachman?"

"Yes."

"Why do you seem worried? Is the coachman such a bad person?"

Jeongyeon shook her head. "At all."

"Do you like the coachman?" she asked curiously.

Jeongyeon shook her head. "He likes Nayeon. That's all."

"Mh... It doesn't matter. Shall we continue talking about books?"

"Momo." Mina called her sister.

Momo turned her head and looked at her sister surprised. "Mina, you are here."

"Jeongyeon, forgive my sister, sometimes she can't be indiscreet. Momo, I met Nayeon. She told me you ruined her walk with Jeongyeon and told me to tell you, Jeongyeon, that she will go to town with Jungkook but she has asked your coachman to take you home."

"Mina, do you know that the coachman likes Nayeon?" Momo said revealing the news just acquired.

"Jeongyeon, are you okay?" asked her younger twin, ignoring her sister.

"It happens when the coachman is appointed." Momo whispered.

"Do you like the coachman of the Kim family?" Mina asked, deciding to sit next to the girls.

"You can't like him. He belongs to another social class!" Momo reminded her.

"Momo! Shut up. Let Jeongyeon speak." her younger sister scolded her. "Tell me, do you like the coachman?"

Jeongyeon looked down and tightened the skirt of her dress. She nodded weakly and kept her gaze down. She was waiting for the girls to laugh at her but it didn't happen.