11

February 12, 1906
📍Yoo house
Tea Room

"How did you realize you liked him?" Mina asked.

Jeongyeon looked up and looked only at the younger one. "I first saw him two days ago. He was so young and handsome and seeing him pay so much attention to Nayeon made my heart feel tight. My heart pounded when we were together. My maid then sent a letter to Nayeon and she decided not to let me see Jungkook again for my sake. But yesterday I felt my heart continue beating fast, as if my life finally had meaning. Yet I haven't seen him since Ryujin sent to Nayeon that letter."

"It's wrong." Momo stated.

"Momo, can you go to Dahyun? You will continue your chat with Jeongyeon later." Mina ordered.

Momo rolled her eyes but got up and left the two alone.

Mina took Jeongyeon's hands and smiled at her. She looked around and then decided to speak. "What if you don't like Jungkook?" she whispered to her.

Jeongyeon raised an eyebrow. "How is that possible? I have all the symptoms. I have never experienced such a strong feeling."

"When did your heart beat?"

"Two days ago and yesterday and now we talk about him." the girl answered.

"But it doesn't always beat when he's with you. I don't think you're in love with Jungkook."

"I tell you that's it. I know it's wrong and I'll do my best to forget him but..."

"No. That's not what I mean. I mean it's not him you love."

Jeongyeon was silent for a few seconds. She couldn't understand what Mina meant. "What do you mean? My heart was beating two days ago and he was the only boy I ever saw."

"The only boy. Didn't you take into consideration that you might be in love with your friend Nayeon?"

"Mina... What are you saying? Nayeon is a woman..."

"Think about it, your heart was beating fast when Jungkook was there and even when he wasn't there and when he wasn't there, Nayeon was by your side. Jeongyeon, loving a woman is not wrong. Not everything society says is right."

"This is madness. Do you think I have any disease?" Jeongyeon asked, becoming defensive.

"Why do you listen to people and not your heart? Its beats are like the words that come from your lips. If it beats when you are with Nayeon, it is because you fell in love with her. Nayeon is a beautiful girl, of course, and good company for you. Think about it, Jeongyeon. And, please, don't be overcome by fear."
With that said, Mina got up and, after resolving a smile, she went towards the stairs.

<🐰>

📍Seul, South Korea

"Can you understand, Jungkook? She preferred to stay with Momo. Now just because her brother has a betrothed, she is spending time with Myoui Momo, forgetting about me." Nayeon complained once again.

"Miss, I think you were unnecessarily offended. Miss Yoo was simply already busy."

"But with Momo... She has never had any other friends besides me."

"Am I wrong or have you only known each other for a little over a week? If you will allow me, your reaction is exaggerated."

"No, I won't allow you. Tell me, would you rather spend the day with your sister-in-law or with your best friend?"

"Nayeon, I think Jeongyeon wanted to be with you. At the river I saw her very happy and her coachman, Jimin, said he hadn't seen her smile for years. Maybe she just wants to socialize more or maybe she is forced by her father or maybe she's still doing it just for his brother."

"You say she is always happy when she is with me?" Nayeon asked with a smile.

"Yes Miss." he said, stopping in front of Nayeon's favorite store.

The girl kept walking, forgetting that she had gone to town to shop. "So today I can allow you to be with other people."

<🦅>

📍Yoo house
Dahyun's room

"Momo, you are giving me horrible news. Why on earth do you say that my sister likes the coachman of the Kim family?" the boy asked, starting to walk back and forth.

"Do you prefer an abnormal sister who loves a woman?" Momo asked, adjusting her skirt.

"It was better when my sister wasn't dating anyone. There have been strange rumors about her lately and our father won't like her at all."

"When will your father return?"

"This evening." he announced a little worried.

"Mine will be back in three days."

"You will keep the secret, right? Who else knows it?" Dahyun asked still worried.

"Why do you want to keep it a secret that your father will come back?" Momo asked puzzled.

"I was talking about my sister falling in love."

"Oh. Of course. Only my sister Mina knows it. You're lucky because if Sana did, it wouldn't be a secret anymore. Mina is a reserved and understanding girl."

"Thank goodness." Dahyun said, looking up, hoping it was all right.

<🐶>

📍Yoo house
Jeongyeon's room

There was a knock on the door and Ryujin entered. "Miss, your father is here."

Of course, Mrs. Yoo was with Mr. Yoo as well. Jeongyeon immediately got out and bowed to greet her parents. "Welcome back."

"Jeongyeon, my child, how are you?" her mother asked, hugging her.

Jeongyeon wasn't used to all these displays of affection, so she immediately returned her hug, thinking there would be no other opportunities.

"Mother, you are unfair. Didn't you miss us?" Chaeyoung asked.

Ms. Yoo walked away from her daughter and smiled at the three boys.

"Dahyun, Chaeyoung, Tzuyu, I brought you a present from Busan." their father told them, giving three boxes of the same size to the guys. "Jeongyeon, for you too."

Jeongyeon did not understand what was happening. She owed all of this once again to one person, Kim Nayeon. That girl had positively changed her life and, perhaps, Mina was right about her. Jeongyeon, however, did not want to ruin her friendship. She had to forget about her unhappy love towards her best friend.

Jeongyeon took the box and opened it to find a hair ribbon. She didn't really like these things, but the fact that her father had finally thought of her made her smile automatically. "Thank you."