32

March 5, 1906
📍Myoui house
Tea room

"What are you saying? Don't joke with my feelings. Maybe I made you suffer by cheating on you, but what you are doing is not nice. What can you know?" Tzuyu told her, seriously angry.

"Listen to me, my father had hired someone to make her disappear..."

Flashback

February 25, 1906
📍Myoui house
Tea room

"Listen to me, I want a flawless job. My name mustn't get into the papers. That girl has to disappear today. Apparently, she planned to run away with Yoo Tzuyu. My daughter is in a lot of pain and you don't want her to suffer, right?"

"Never, Mr. Myoui." answered the man in front of him.

Lia went to Sana's room and knocked insistently. "Come on. Lia?"

"It's me, miss. It's terrible! Your father has hired a man to kill your boyfriend's lover."

"What?" Sana asked incredulously.

"Tzuyu wants to run away with her tonight." explained the maid.

"Lia, it's terrible! It's horrible! What should I do?" Sana asked.

Evening

It was half past ten and Chaeryoung had finally arrived in front of the fountain. She was so thrilled to be able to run away with her loved one.

"You have arrived!" Sana exclaimed.

"You are not Tzuyu. Did he deceive me?" asked Chaeryoung worried, recognizing the fake girlfriend of her boyfriend.

"You are in danger. You must escape."

"What are you talking about?"

"They want to take you out. Chaeryoung, listen to me. You have to escape."

"Where do you want me to go? I don't have a penny. Tzuyu and I..."

"There is no time! They are about to come! Tonight a ship will leave for the Philippines, you will have to present your boarding pass." Sana said, handing it to her.

"Why are you helping me?" Chaeryoung asked, taking the card.

"Because Tzuyu is my friend and he loves you. You are very important to him and I can't let anything happen to you. Now run away. Move."

"Thank you, Miss Myoui. I will never forget you." the girl said, making a quick bow.

Sana watched her run and wondered how long she could still keep her secret.

End of flashback

"So Chaeryoung is alive and she is in the Philippines?" Tzuyu asked incredulously.

"Exactly."

"Sana, I need to see her. Will you accompany me to the Philippines?" the boy asked.

"Now do you believe in friendship between a man and a woman?" Sana asked, smiling at him.

<🐶>

March 5, 1906
📍Yoon house
Dining room

"Seokjin, how was the day?" Nayeon asked, sitting down opposite him.

"Fine, thanks. You? What did you do at home?" the boy asked, alternating his gaze between the girl opposite him and her sister.

"Seoyeon and I made a cake." Seeun stated.

"Okay, should we eat?" Seokjin asked, rather hungry.

"I'll serve you." Nayeon said, standing up.

"No, I'll do it." Seeun said, following her into the kitchen. "Let's do this: you serve Jin and I serve Kyungwan."

"Forget it."

Seeun ignored her and took the tureen, carrying it into the dining room. She served Jeongyeon soup, showing off her cleavage, but she was too busy watching Nayeon talk to Jin about stupid things like the weather.

"I'm done, Seoyeon. You can serve Jin, if you like." Seeun said, handing her the tureen.

Nayeon got up and did the same tactic as Seeun, with the difference that Jin paid particular attention to that area of ​​the girl. "Seokjin, my eyes are here." the girl said, lifting his chin with her index and middle fingers.

"Excuse me." the boy said, rather embarrassed.

"Luckily he's the only one you trust." Jeongyeon commented in a low voice.

"What is it? Are you jealous? You have Seeun and you really like spending your time with her. Like when I asked you to sleep with me yesterday but you helped her clean up." Nayeon whispered while Seeun was busy talking to Jin.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Jeongyeon asked her.

"Because you don't pay me the right attention. You haven't said those words to me since... Since that thing happened at the factory." Nayeon said, referring to the day the guard acted violently against her.

"I'm not hungry anymore." Jeongyeon said, standing up.

"Kyungwan, what happened?" Seeun asked, getting up to check on her.

"Don't worry, I'll go." Nayeon told her, following her girlfriend.

Arriving in their room, Nayeon closed the door and walked over to Jeongyeon's bed. She sat down on it and stroked her beloved's hair. "Jeongyeon..."

"Tell me."

"I'm sorry. I exaggerated. I... I'm just jealous. A lot. Seeun is so pretty and she loves to provoke you and I'm afraid she might take you away from me. Ah! Now I'm also talking informally, I'm becoming like her!"

Jeongyeon chuckled and took Nayeon's hand which was stroking her hair, placing it on her heart. "Do you feel it? This beats only for you. Only for you."

"Why did you stop telling me you love me? Don't you love me anymore?" 
Nayeon asked, pulling down the shoulder strap of her dress with her free hand.

"I was afraid. Afraid of hurting myself. Afraid that I am not enough. I have not even been able to protect you. Saying that I love you makes me suffer, knowing that I have been a failure. They were all right: two women cannot be together. I don't have the strength to beat that guard, that bastard."

Nayeon stroked her lips with her thumb and shook her head. "You are everything to me. You are like air, indispensable. How can you think that you are not enough? Is there a «enough»? For me it is not a question of being, but a question of feeling. You don't feel enough, but believe me, you are too much. At night I fall asleep thinking about how lucky I am to have you. And I swear to you that no hen, like Seeun, will take you away from me."

"What about Seokjin?"

"Are you really thinking about him? I wanted to make you jealous. Did I succeed?"

"I really want to kiss you."

"Do it."

Jeongyeon raised her head and brought her face close to Nayeon's. Their rosy lips touched and the brunette smiled. The youngest captured the lips of the eldest in a passionate kiss, one they hadn't exchanged in a while. Nayeon lay down beside her and hugged her.

"It doesn't matter if you weren't there to protect me, every time you hug me, all my fears vanish." Nayeon told her, holding closer to her.

Sana is the sweetest thing of the Earth, both in this book and in reality