Part 16.5

I always had a question after I was able to visit my parents, how am I alive, wheres my old body after a few days past since Asuna was free I decided to ask about what happened with me.

Y/N: Mom, dad?

Dad: Yes, son?

Y/N: What happened when I was in Sword art online? How am I still alive?

They both stayed silent before my dad decided to speak up.

Dad: Well, you know that we took off the head gear.

Y/N: Yes.

Dad: ... Instead of dying instantly you were somehow still alive, and instead of going to the hospital I decided to call some people I know. Maybe it was desperation, maybe I wasn't thinking straight, but when Oscar answered I asked him.

Flashback

Oscar: Shouzou, why are you calling?

Shouzou: Oscar, its my son.

Oscar: What happened?

After the quick explanation Oscar mentioned the hospital but Shouzou quickly denied taking Y/N, so Oscar was silent before Shouzou could hear a sigh before Oscar said something.

Oscar: Alright I- I might have something, so I'll come over to pick both of you up.

Shouzou: Thank you Oscar, thank you.

Oscar: Don't thank me yet.

While Shouzou paced back and forth by the front door while Kyouko took Asuna to the hospital, and soon enough the door bell ranged and as Shouzou opened the door Oscar a 6 ft tanned skin man was standing at the front door.

Oscar: Come on, lets go.

After Y/N was carried to the jeep Shouzou sat in the passenger side while Oscar hopped in the driver seat, and soon enough they were driving away from the city towards the middle of nowhere.

Shouzou: I'm sorry, but where are we going?

Oscar looked at the rear view mirror to see Y/N, then put his eyes back to the road.

Oscar: A place where an aquantince of mine mentioned during a job.

Shouzou seemed to keep quiet after this and soon enough they went on a path that was surrounded by trees and as Oscar drove slowly down the path, and after a few minutes a building was in the distance. Oscar parked nearby and quickly got out while Shouzou followed with Y/N in Oscars arms, and once they got to the front door Shouzou knocked on the front door as there was no door bell. Seconds felt like minutes until the door slowly opened and an old man who was in a wheel chair was in view.

???: Ah, and who are you gentlemen?

Shouzou: Please help my son.

???: Hmm.

He looked at the body in Oscars arms before giving an answer.

???: Heh, well you've come to the right place. But where's an outsider like himself to begin?

The old man let them in and as they walked through the house it seemed creepy. Once they got to the table in the middle of the room Oscar laid Y/N.

???: Now leave I will tell you when the process is done.

Shouzou: B- But...

Oscar dragged Shouzou away and the old man wheeled himself towards Y/N.

???: First you'll need a contract...

Suddenly Y/N opened his eyes and he looked around before looking at the old man.

???: Please sign this contract.

As Y/N woke up and was dazed and confused he signed the contract with not the best hand writing.

???: Good, all signed and sealed. Now let's begin the transfusion. Oh, don't you worry, whatever happens... You may think it a mere bad dream... Hehehe

That was the last thing Y/N heard before passing out, and as the old man watched the messangers climb the table and surrounded Y/N before dragging him down into where his virtual body was. After this was done the old man wheeled himself towards the two men waiting outside to tell them the news.

Flashback ended

As I faced my father I didn't know what to say, and I don't even remember waking up on the table.

Shouzou: I'm sorry.

I was just lost in thought and just left to my room, and sat on my bed my hands on my face only until I heard a sound. Looking up I saw the lantern and I got up just to leave for the hunters dream to get my thoughts in check.

A/N: Hopefully this explains how the hunters dream and all that exists and if not well I tried, and enjoy.