Free to Launch!

thoughts, memories - italicized

After the match, everyone stood in the corridor waiting for Kris to announce. Free and Wakari were standing at the entrance, leaning against the door. "Well done team, I'm proud of your performance, but the hardest part is ahead. We got off to a great start let's keep it up." Said Kris proudly.

"Of course!" Everyone except Silas replied together.

"Gather at the training centre at 9am. All dismissed!" Announced Trad. Everyone wished each other a good night and started to disperse to their dormitories. Free took Wakari by the arm and led her away towards the forest. Silas was on his way back after talking to Kris and Trad and noticed Free and Wakari walking towards the forest.

"Is that Free and Waki?" Asked Silas perplexedly and went to follow them.

~~~~~~~

Free and Wakari walked listening to the night sounds of the forest. Wakari felt the energy of the other bey, stopped and let go of Free's hand.

"Is everything alright?" Asked Free turning to her. Wakari turned her head in the direction of the tree Silas was hiding behind. She could see parts of a purple silhouette in the darkness.

It's Satumb's energy. She thought, and then she turned her head back toward Free's silhouette. So Silas is spying on us. Wakari held out her hand to Free and he took it and they continued walking.

"We're being spied on." Wakari whispered so only Free could hear her.

"Who?" Free asked without expression, squeezing her hand tighter.

"Kinetic Satumb Energy. Silas is watching us." Replied Waki. They stepped out into a clearing that was lit by moonlight. Free paused and looked at the moon. Silas looked out from behind a tree and noticed that Free and Wakari had stopped, but then he heard a rustling and hid back behind a tree.

Free looked in the direction of the rustle and saw a deer. Wakari turned her head and looked in the same direction as Free though she saw nothing but darkness and tilted her head to the side. Suddenly the deer noticed Silas and looked in his direction. Free looked in the direction the deer was looking and Silas hid back behind a tree.

"What do I do? Hiding like a spy." Silas said through gritted teeth and looked out from behind the tree again.

"Huh!?" Silas quickly stepped out from behind the tree noticing that Free, Waki and the deer had disappeared and began to look around the clearing. "They were just here."

~~~~~~~

"He doesn't follow anymore?" Asked Free Wakari approaching the ruined gazebo.

"No, he lost us." Said Waki in her usual tired voice. They approached the gazebo. Free led Wakari to the arena and he himself went to climb a tree and started doing push-ups. Wakari practiced the launch.

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

"Let it rip." Wakari whispered and Wyrm smoothly presimmoned into the stadium and took centre stage. Wakari watched Wyrm spin around until she sat down on the ground and began to calculate something again. Free noticed that she was counting something again, climbed down from the tree and approached her.

"What are you counting again?" Asked Free interestedly knowing that one could expect the most unexpected moves from Wakari.

"I seem to have an idea for a new launch. Although because I'm blind execute it is difficult I won't be able to see if I'm launching it correctly in some way it's very risky. Though in what match am I not risky?" Said Wakari as she continued to count something in her mind. "Such is my fate to live in a fantasy world seeing nothing but bey energy and the fuzzy silhouettes of bladers." Continued Waki with a sigh. Free stared at her for a few moments and let out a chuckle.