The Search for Shu!

thoughts, memories - italicized

"The Raging Bulls are the best team in the American league, represented by the one and only Shu Kurenai!" The commentator will announce and the audience will hear enthusiastic screams. "His opponent can also boast of the victories of Jorge from BC logo."

"I want to make it clear." Jorge began smugly. "I don't care if my team wins. I'm only here to defeat you!"

"My bey will speak for me." Says Shu, showing Spryzen.

"Match one! First fight!" The referee announces and the bladers prepare to launch. "Ready? Set!"

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

"Let it rip!" Shu and Jorge shouted and launched their beys. Both beys landed smoothly in the arena.

"Great launch." Commented a commenter. "Spryzen is picking up speed!" Jorge was surprised, while Shu watched the battle with concentration. At Spryzen's first attack, Jorge's bey exploded. Jorge looks at the exploded parts of his bey in shock.

"A crushing victory! Shu Kurenai defends his reputation!" Commented the commentator. Wakiya stopped recording Shu's fight.

"This was his last fight before disappearing." Says Wakiya turning to the others.

"But he's one of the best bladers in the world." Daigo says in bewilderment. "Why would he leave? It just doesn't make sense."

"Exactly." Valt agrees, still looking at the stopped recording. "The Shu I know wouldn't do that."

"I agree with Valt." Waki said crossing her arms over her chest. "The Shu I trained would never have done this unless there was a very good reason."

"Enough! Don't stress yourself out." Rantaro interrupted them, trying to defuse the situation. "We will find him! Anywhere! Support me," he continues, turning to Wakiya.

"I guarantee it! Believe me. I know where to start the search." Wakiya says confidently. "From Mexico!"

"Mexico!?" Everyone asked in bewilderment.

"My family's corporation has connections all over the world." Says Wakiya. "After detailed analysis, we are 300% confident that Shu is now in this region. 300%"

"And zero percent logic." Rantaro replies with a blank face while Valt looks at Wakiya with confusion.

"Hey, wait a minute." Daigo intervened. "How did you come to this conclusion?"

"It's simple." Wakiya answered. "For several years now, there have been rumors in blader circles about an underground training center. Just guess where it is located once."

"Can we have two?" Valt asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know that." Rantaro answered.

"This is the first time I've heard of it." said Daigo.

He doesn't mean it. Waki thought, guessing what Wakiya meant.

"I won't fall for that." Rantaro replied.

"No complaints! Just actions!" Wakiya shouted at them irritably.

"I won't buy it." Rantaro insisted. "You can't pull numbers like 1000% out of thin air."

"I was talking about 300%!" Wakiya objected. "Do not exaggerate!"

"What do you know about this secret place?" Valt asked Wakiya doubtfully.

"Not much at all. But I'll tell you what I heard." Answered Wakiya, attracting everyone's attention. "People call it the snake pit."

The blood of the white-haired girl with colorless eyes froze. Waki grabbed her jacket with her hands. She couldn't believe Wakiya's words. Shu in the snake pit? This must be some kind of joke. He could not.