Shadow Magic! The Snake Pit!

thoughts, memories - italicized

"italics " - the words of the characters from the recording.

"Wait. Can we come in?" Valt asked Red Eye, but he ignored him and entered the temple.

"Born in a barn or what? At least you can answer the question!?" Rantaro asked, irritated by Red Eye's behavior.

"What's next?" Daigo asked waiting for a plan of action.

"Forward! Follow me!" Valt said confidently as he walked towards the entrance to the temple.

"Valt stop." Waki said trying to stop him.

"Wait. Should we vote?" Rantaro said trying to stop Valt as well as Waki. "Dubious place."

"We came here to find Shu! And he was here!" Valt said angry that Waki and Rantaro tried to stop him. "Otherwise, where did Red Eye get his bey?! Perhaps he's somewhere inside now. So first, we'll get our friend's bey back! And then we'll return it to him!"

"You didn't believe his words, did you?" Cuza asked, concerned about Valt's condition.

"No! This is some kind of trick!" Valt exclaimed.

"Valt, listen. Rantaro is right, you can't act rashly." Waki began to speak as she approached Valt, but suddenly she was interrupted by a voice coming from the speakers.

"Congratulations, you have found our headquarters." An unknown voice praised them, causing everyone to pay attention to the place where the voice came from, except for Wakari, who shuddered when she recognized the owner of the voice.

"Up there." Cuza said walking up to Valt and Waki and pointing to the place where the voice came from.

"Who are you? Show yourself!" Rantaro exclaimed.

"My name is Ashtem. I am the owner of the snake pit." An unknown voice answered.

"Did you hear? I told you she'd be here." Wakiya said smugly.

"We have a case. We're looking for a friend and we know he's here." Valt said. "So tell us where he is?"

"You still have so much to learn." Ashtem answered. "In my domain, privilege must be earned. You must prove yourself."

"Decipher it!" Rantaro shouted, not understanding Ashtem's words.

"I don't think he will answer until we defeat him in battle." Daigo said speculating.

"Okay! But when we win. You will answer all our questions!" Valt agreed, accepting Ashtem's proposal.

"We invite you to test yourself by fighting us. Welcome to the snake pit." Ashtem announced and the lights in the corridor began to turn on row by row. "Come in if you dare."

"You go?" Valt asked turning to the team.

"I was born for this." Rantaro said confidently.

"I didn't come to look." Cuza said.

"I'll cover you. Let's go guys." Daigo agreed.

"I'm ready to accept his challenge. No fear!." Wakiya said confidently.

"Waki?" Valt questioningly called out to the blind girl, who had been silent since Ashtem spoke.

Waki sighed heavily. "You have a talent for finding adventures Valt. You can't be left unattended. I'm your teacher after all." She finished with a weak smile and Valt smiled at her words.

"Okay! Then let's go!" Valt exclaimed and everyone entered the temple.

~~~~~~~