Talk

Author:" Hey everyone, quick trigger warning here; in this chapter, there are a lot of talks about prostitution, self-harm, and suicide."

Y/n P.O.V~

The sunlight beamed down on me as I opened my eyes and yawned. I then took a look, realizing that I was still on Laura's couch. I groaned as I slightly stretched, feeling stiff in my limbs and back. I sat up as I then heard a familiar voice.

Laura:" Good morning, sleepyhead."

I looked up to see Laura smiling and drinking a cup of coffee sitting at the dining table. I smiled slightly before I spoke to the green-eyed woman.

Y/n:" Mornin' Laura."

I began to get off the couch and stretched as I yawned before speaking.

Y/n:" Well, I guess I'll be heading out then."

Laura:" Are you sure? Because you're more than welcome to stay for breakfast if you like."

Y/n:" Yeah, I mean, that's a wonderful offer, but I'll just get out of your hair."

Laura:" Are you sure it's no problem."

Y/n:" Yeah, I'm sure I mean, I already fell asleep on the couch; I think I've been here long enough."

I then heard the sound of footsteps as Gabby entered the living room.

Gabby:" Come on, Y/n, have breakfast with us."

I sighed before slightly smiling, joining Gabby and Laura for breakfast. Laura put a bowl of cereal in front of me, and Gabby, as the young girl, began to wolf it down before I started eating. Laura started to eat as well before she spoke.

Laura:" So Y/n, you got any plans today?"

Y/n:" No, not really; I'm free all day. Why do you ask?"

Laura:" Oh, just wondering."

After we finished our breakfast, I was about to leave the apparent before Laura spoke.

Laura:" Hey Y/n, do you want to go on a mission?"

I smiled and looked back at Laura while speaking.

Y/n:" Yeah, of course."

Laura smiled one more time before I left the apartment building.

*Three-month time skip*

I slightly chuckled as I exited the danger room with Laura beside me.

Y/n:" Okay, that's pretty funny, but I've got a better one than that."

Laura grinned and cocked a brow before speaking.

Laura:" Alright then, shoot."

Y/n:" My grief counselor died. He was so good; I don't even care."

Laura slightly grinned before letting out a little chuckle.

Laura:" Goddamn it, Y/n."

I then looked up at a nearby clock seeing the time as I spoke.

Y/n:" Hey, Laura, sorry, but I have to leave my class is gonna start in a bit, and I have to go set up."

Luara:" Okay, see ya later."

I waved goodbye to Laura as I left for class.

Laura P.O.V~

I put my hands in my coat pockets before I was about to walk away when I heard a voice.