My partner's curiosity

A/n- Dedicated to beyondrealityx and heenag29 because they're my lifeline ♡
________________________________

I was lost in my thoughts when our professor, Mrs. Smith spoke in her bold voice. She also made sure that we understood every, each letter of her sentence by talking very slowly,

"My dear class...."

A break for million years,

"I have assigned a project for you......"

Dinosaurs evolve again,

"But this will be a pair work......"

Dinosaurs are extinct again,

"This class has odd number of students so it was difficult for me to choose the pairs....."

The turtle won the race,

"So you choose and unfortunately one student has to do the project on it's own."

Everyone turned back and looked at me. I knew I was the loner, I never expected for a partner so I was fine.

For the next 15 minutes, Mrs. Smith explained about our psychology project and gave the class approximately 10 minutes to choose their partners.

Now this was the part where I didn't get involved, so I kept drawing different kind of eyes on my notepad. I was trying to draw her eyes, but none of them looked perfect.

"Hey".

I saw a girl standing next to my desk and it took me few seconds to realise that she spoke to me, no one ever did that.

I looked up to see who it was, it was her. The sound of her voice relaxed my thoughts and for the first time since high school, I actually had a moment where I wasn't thinking anything. I was blank and I was scared for an unknown reason.

"H-h-hi", I stuttered and my tongue decided to embarrass me.

"Would you like to be my partner?"

I blinked several times, and kept staring at her.

"Umm....is that a no or a yes?"

"Yes".

"Great, let's meet at the mall today, at 5?"

"Sure."

I didn't have to think twice before saying yes to her. She smiled and left, leaving me breathless. I never felt like this since my high school. I knew I had a crush on her, but I didn't have any idea about the effect she would have on me.

I smiled, so this is what it feels like to be normal? To have a crush on a girl and work on a project without thinking about any demons chasing you or imagining yourself having a good, juicy pair of thighs?

Today was pretty much normal, people ignored me and the whispers were a bit louder this time, but something was different.

For the first time since I entered college, this whispering and people pointing at me and speaking about some rumour or anything rude didn't bother me. Instead I smiled at them and kept walking, today was a great day.

*In the mall*

"Okay soooo, we'll take 5 willing participants and note down their behaviours in their comfort zone and how they react when they face situations which are nothing related to that zone. What do you say?"

It wasn't an extraordinary idea as such, but I know my college and the students present there, they don't care.

They won't even bother looking at the topic and would submit some crap written on a beautifully designed paper and would get their grades easily. I don't even know why we were trying.

After an hour of our discussion on our project and deciding who to approach so that they could help us, we took an ice cream break and went to Baskin Robbins located in the mall.

"If you don't mind can I ask you something?", that was the first time I actually spoke a proper sentence without screwing up the words.

"Yeah, sure".

"What's your name?"

She looked at me as if I had like 3 or 4 heads and then smiled brightly at me.

"Okay, wow. My name is Rose, Rose Preston".

"That's a beautiful name".

She smiled and continued having her ice cream. I noticed her features, she had hair till her shoulders and she had a slim figure.

She was really beautiful and her beauty was enhanced because of her eyes. She had a very weird, beautiful colour.

"Can I ask you something?", she started the conversation.

Phew.

"Yeah, go on."

"Please don't mind okay, it's out of curiosity but why is your name Lucifer? Like what kind of parents will name their child after a devil?"

I was kind off expecting such questions, in fact I wasn't surprised.

I just smiled at her weakly, trying to hide my emotions, "My dad hates me Rose. He never accepted me because I was like a devil in his relationship."

______________________________

A/n- I hope you guys are liking the story. Do vote and comment.
Love you guys.
Next update -> 27th April, Monday