The one with the black eyes

I was waiting at gate no. 1 of the airport. Rose still didn't reach and we were already very late.

Vince was getting excited about the fact that he would get to see 'hot chicks' or rather the air - hostesses for few hours.

*In the airplane*

"Excuse me can I have one coffee please?"

There, it started.

"Sure sir, anything for you ma'am?"

"Actually I would like to order one more thing", Vince didn't care that the question was asked to Rose.

"Sure sir?"

"Can I get roses or something so that I could give them to you, for being the most beautiful air hostess on this plane".

I stamped Vince's foot and signalled the airhostess to leave.

I was sitting next to the window remembering about the mini fight Vince and I had after I dropped Rose at her place.

*Flashback*

"Vince what did you tell her or what did she tell you that got her into tears?"

"That's not my story to tell".

"I'm not in the mood for any kind off crap".

"Yeah? Neither am I".

I waited for him to say something, anything.

"Lucifer, you dragged her into this shit. For once, did you think what could have been the consequences? I agree that she forced you to tell, but what are you? Eight? She forced you and you spilled out everything and now the devil will try his level best to hurt Rose first so that you become weak and then he'll hurt you."

"No one ever gave a damn about me. For once, I finally found a friend who would listen to me and did give a flying f**k of what I feel. What makes you think I won't be drawn to her".

Vince stayed quiet but still didn't tell me what happened and neither did Rose.

*Flashback over*

"Get over it", Rose kept her hand on my knee.

I just smiled and tried to sleep off.

●●●

I woke up and saw that we had already landed and Vince and Rose were waiting to get out of their seats.

We got out of the airport and caught a cab straight away to our hotel.

It was just 10 in the morning. Rose and I had one room and Vince had one separate room.

"Okay kiddos, get ready. We're going to the church".

"Now?!", Rose and I both said in unison.

"I want to roam around in Ohio knowing that you are safe".

We both were really tired but we didn't say no to him.

Rose went to the washroom to have a bath whereas I used Vince's washroom. He, on the other hand, applied a lot of deo and got ready.

At around 11 we left and reached the church after 2 hours of long drive.

We were at the Christian Church in Ohio.

Vince opened the gate and started walking towards the end of the hall where there was a small gate on the left side of the church.

He entered without knocking and we followed him quietly. A very old man, who maybe was above 70 was sitting on a wheelchair with a rosary, which had a cross attached to it.

Vince went and stood in front of him, the old man slowly opened his eyes and had tears in his eyes as soon as he saw Vince and me. Vince hugged him and introduced both of us.

He told Father Henry everything.

"You have a very vulnerable soul my child", he touched my hand and looked straight into my eyes making me very uncomfortable.

"You have a lot of insecurities and lot of pain. Let go of them son".

I didn't say anything, instead I moved away so that he could speak to Rose.
He caught Rose's hand and closed his eyes.

He opened his eyes and stared at Rose with his mouth wide open,
"You are an extraordinary child, your mother's sacrifice didn't go in vain".

Rose immediately withdrew her hand and looked at Vince, who gave her a reassuring smile.

What was that? These two were definitely hiding something from me but I won't force them anymore. If they want to tell, I'll listen, otherwise I don't care.

For the next one hour, father kept murmuring some chants and finally made us wear the lockets.

We got out of the church after thanking him several times.

"You kiddos carry on, I'll catch up with you later".

"Where the hell are you going?", Rose spoke and I was a bit surprised at her casual tone. Maybe she got used to Vince and his annoying habits.

"I need to be with father Henry for sometime, till then you kiddos can chill at a nearby café".

We agreed, because we had no other choice.

●●●

Rose was busy eating her chocolate muffin. She really had a thing for sweets.

Looking at her eating so passionately, made me miss my food.

We didn't speak anything because I didn't feel like talking to a girl whose mouth was filled with chocolate.

I looked around the cafe, and the people standing outside it.

A man had his back rested on the glass of the cafe. He was wearing a long black coat and black pants.

He turned and caught me staring at him. My usual reaction would be too look away and feel very awkward, but there was something about him that kept my eyes fixated on him.

After few minutes I realised, the thing that was unusual about him were his eyes.

He had pitch black eyes just like his clothes and he started smiling at me.

It immediately struck me that it wasn't someone human, he was the devil himself.

__________________________

A/n- Yeah, now I'm happy.
I hope you enjoyed the chapters.
Love you.
Next update - 18th June, Thursday