Awkward and uncomfortable

She had a puzzled look on her face, she kept staring at me and I felt really uncomfortable and I think she got the signal.

"Do you want to talk about it?", she asked me as she kept her hand on my hand and I felt very lightheaded.

But I didn't let that effect take over my mind completely and before I knew, I replied no and she tapped my hand and continued having her ice cream.

I took a bite of my icecream, it was tasty and cold and it felt relaxing.

We didn't speak after that so to try and start a conversation, I asked her a question,

"Why is your name Rose?"

She suddenly had creases on her forehead and she stopped eating her ice cream, she nervously started tapping her fingers on the table and after few seconds replied,

"My parents liked that name, that's why".

Liar. That is definitely not the reason, because if it was, she would have never gotten so nervous. I didn't confront her about it, instead I smiled and decided to remain silent.

The silence was really awkward, it was our first time outside, in fact, my first time outside with anyone since high school.

"Okay, I gotta go, I need to reach home a bit early today".

"Sure", I said with disappointment in my heart.

I walked with her till her car, of course in silence. She sat and I waved at her thinking she might have seen me from those tinted windows, when she rolled down the window and asked me if I needed a lift.

I again had that dumbstruck moment, did she want to spend more time with me?

I said yes and sat in the car. The radio was on with some random guy talking continuously, he was so irritating I wish I could eat him up.

I was imagining how he would look like and how I would be eating him when Rose asked me a question again,

"Is it true?", she asked without looking at me.

"What is true?"

"Umm...that you know!"

"No I don't. What?"

"That an exorcism was done on you".

I looked down, I wasn't surprised but still it was difficult for me to speak about it.

"Yes", I replied without looking at her.

"What...h-h-happened?", she stuttered.

I could feel the anger taking over my mind or let's just say, the devil in me, woke up.

"Stop the car", I spoke and the anger was evident in my voice.

"I-I'm s-s-sorry. I won't talk about it again."

"I SAID STOP THE CAR".

I was angry, and not just normal angry but so angry where I don't care I like her, I'll rip her heart out and eat it.

She stopped, and I got out of the car. She came running behind me, and stopped in front of me,

"Hear me out at least. I owe you an explanation. I know this isn't easy but let me just tell you why I asked."

I stopped, and looked at her, straight into her eyes. Those beautiful eyes actually calmed me down. I just sighed and she started speaking,

"There are so many rumours about you but they are rumours and I don't know whether they're true, and the only person who can tell me the actual truth is you."

I looked at her, she was being honest. She didn't have the intention to hurt my feelings, it was seen in her eyes.

"I'm not comfortable with this, I -I can't talk about it. I don't want to talk about it",

I didn't look at her while I spoke. I felt scared, scared of losing her, but she wasn't mine.

"I understand but please don't walk away like that. Let me drop you."

She extended her hand towards me, I caught it and our fingers interlocked. I never felt so complete until I had her hand in mine.

________________________________________
A/n- I hope you guys are enjoying the story, do tell me what you think about it.
Keep voting and commenting

Next update -> 30th April, Thursday.