Lucifer's past

"Hello, are you there?", he asked again.

"Y-yeah", I stuttered.

"I don't know how I reached here Rose, I'm at your parents house. Please come and pick me up".

I couldn't move, I felt paralysed.
Lucifer, I could hear his voice, I knew where he was, I wanted to talk to him but the words just won't come out.

"I'm coming", I said and I cut the phone.

I ran downstairs and I saw Vince and Linda making out on the couch.
"Vince, I know where Lucifer is. He's at my parents house. Come.", I screamed.

He immediately got up and grabbed the keys and started the car.
We reached my house within five minutes.

The door was locked so Vince kicked the door and broke it.

"Rose don't come here", I heard Lucifer screaming.

"He's in my parents room", I said to Vince.

We ran upstairs and I saw him lying down on the floor, almost unconscious.

"Go call the ambulance", Vince ordered and I immediately started dialing the number.

Lucifer's head was bleeding and he was in the same room where my parents were killed.

Within 10 minutes, the ambulance arrived and I went with him in the ambulance.

I kept holding his hands and kept praying that everything is okay.

●●●

It was an hour since we reached the hospital. The doctor was looking out for some internal and external injuries and what caused the bleeding.

Vince was devastated, I had never seen him so horrified and I could see that Linda was scared too.

"Rose Preston?", the doctor came out of the room.

"That's me", I replied immediately.

"Lucifer wants to meet you, both of you can go in later", the doctor pointed at Vince and Linda.

Vince gave me an assuring smile and I entered the room.

Lucifer was lying down there with a pipe running through his veins on his hand.

"You must be used to seeing me on a hospital bed", he smiled.

"Shut up Lucifer", I replied.

He stopped smiling and started looking at things around him rather than me.

"Lucifer?"

"Yeah?", he replied feeling guilty about the joke he made.

"I'm sorry", I apologised.

"I won't forgive you until you hug me", he smiled mischievously.

God, I missed him.

I went next to him and sat on the bed. I looked at the white band aid on his head with a small blood mark on it.

I hugged him and immediately the pain that I was feeling since two weeks vanished in a second.
I kept hugging him more and more tightly, I didn't want to leave him at all.
What if I leave him and he goes away again?

"I missed you too", he said as he stroked my hair softly.

I had to try really hard for not crying in front of him, I succeeded.

"So, are you hurt anywhere else?", I asked expecting the answer to be a big no.

"Umm, you remember how I wore sweaters all the time?", he asked.