Bruises

A/n- Early update, won't be able to update later on. Short chapter.

            __________________________

*Rose's POV*

I felt a bit awkward standing there, but Vince insisted me to stay. The doctor was slowly removing the green robe of Lucifer.

I felt paralysed at the sight I saw. A purplish bruise had formed on the left side of his chest, it explains the pain Lucifer was feeling.

"What the hell is this man?", Lucifer was shocked and started panicking.

"Calm down Lucifer, it's going to be alright", I caught his hand and kissed his forehead, though I knew I was lying.

"That bastard", Vince shouted very loudly.

"How-when, did this come, what is?", I spoke realising I couldn't even complete a sentence.

I was scared, and not just scared, my heart was beating so fast as if it was racing in a marathon, sweat beads had formed on my forehead and I could feel the hair standing on my neck.

"When he got pushed by it, it left a mark", Vince replied looking stressed.

"It'll be alright, right?", I asked with some hope in my voice.

"Don't know, we don't even know how to heal this thing or whether it'll cause any problem".

"Mr. Stone, do you feel any uneasiness or pain?", the doctor asked.

"Yes, it does hurt when I breath heavily or someone hugs me or if I laugh", he smiled.

"Why are you smiling?", Vince asked, looking a bit shocked.

"Nothing", he smiled again and looked at me.

I didn't understand, but I let it go.
The doctor and Vince went and sat at the corner of the room discussing something deeply.

Lucifer looked sad, I felt like taking away all his pain and all the bad memories from him. He didn't deserve this, he was too good to deserve such a thing.

"Why did you smile when the doc asked you the question", I asked.

He smiled again and replied, "the hugs, I can't believe it, but you are mine", he replied.

My eyes moistened, he loved me so much. He had an accident a few days ago, a devil was behind him, he had a mark on his chest, which was given by the devil himself, but in spite of this he was smiling here and cherishing the fact that I was his girlfriend.

We both kept staring at each other when Lucifer started feeling drowsy and within a few seconds, he was fast asleep. I think the medicines had few side effects.

I kept massaging his scalp as he was deep in sleep. I looked at his beautiful face, except the part that he had bruises, but still, he looked like an angel, an angel who was being followed by a devil.

It hurts my heart when I think about it, what if the evil here succeeds? What if he actually kills Lucifer and takes him away from me? I can't bare this anymore, the sight of him in plasters and bruises was physically hurting me.

I got up to go outside, when I saw Vince standing right behind me.
He kept looking at me as if he was trying to solve a problem.

"What?", I asked, feeling uncomfortable.

"Nothing, I'm just worried about Lucifer", and he looked very stressed with dark circles under his eyes.

"How do I help him? I feel that even after he tells me everything, it won't be just enough", I told him what I actually felt.

"I know, and I don't get it. Why does he want Lucifer?", Vince sounded irritated.

"What are we going to do about the mark?", I shivered at the image floated in my head.

"I don't know, I feel so helpless and I hate that".

I awkwardly hugged Vince and he gave me a soft smile.

"You know? Thanks. Thanks for being there for me and most importantly Lucifer", Vince spoke, giving me a little surprise.

"Um, don't thank me'', I said awkwardly.

"No, really, he still wants to continue his life because of you so thank you."
He left the room, and I sat next to Lucifer again.

I told him everything about me and now, he knew me completely. It wasn't something severe, but for me it was a major part of my life that I was hiding from everyone. I thought he might feel awkward and leave me, but instead he supported me and was there for me as I recalled how horribly my dad had tortured my mom.

I put my head on the bed, while I looked at Lucifer and I slowly let sleep take over me after 4 days.

        ____________________________
A/n- Dedicated to juhichetnani for her constant support throughout out this story.

Next update- 13th July, Monday

Keep voting and commenting ☆