He made her cry

"You get your ass here Lucifer, otherwise I'm going to rip you apart!"

Yeah, I told Vince everything and he was furious.

"I'm sorry Vince, I really am. Please don't hit me in front of Rose."

"Ha ha. Nice try".

"ROSEEE, COME BEFORE HE KILLS ME".

Rose entered looking really scared. Vince looked at her and kept the vase down. I asked Rose to stay outside until and unless I don't tell him.

I saw Vince running his hands through his hair and he smiled,
"Rose darling, you're beautiful".

Rose started smiling and I couldn't help the jealousy I felt inside.

"Vince you are more than 35, stop flirting".

He turned back and took the vase in his hand again,
"Boy, you better duck otherwise this vase is going to hit you on your head."

"I think I should go", Rose felt really awkward as she watched Vince getting really pissed at me.

"Oh no, don't let him bother you. He's just jealous, I made you smile and he couldn't. He really likes you, you know that right?"

OH MY GOD!! I can't believe this guy. He actually said that.

I ran and jumped on his back, he fell down and broke the vase. I turned him around and I sat on his stomach.
"You keep your mouth shut, otherwise I will hit you really badly".

"SHUT UP BOTH OF YOU", Rose screamed covering her ears. I wish I could have done that too, she was loud.

"Now you both stop behaving like animals, Lucifer you get up and go get us some beers".

Vince started laughing,
"Not so fast Mister, you go and sit on the sofa and think of a solution",

I laughed and left to get some beers.

I came back and I saw Rose sitting quietly and Vince lost in his thoughts.

"Why didn't you tell me before?", Vince asked me and this time I knew he wasn't in the funny mood.

"I'm sorry but I didn't want to bother you unnecessarily".

"Bother me? I've been there for you always man. I am your best friend and you didn't tell me. You knew I could help you."

"I'm sorry man, but it's not too late you know."

He nodded and thought for a while.
"Okay so the problem here is that we need to protect you from that devil and we don't know how."

"Actually we do, kind off", Rose spoke.
I told him about my nightmares and how the devil tells me that he is going to take me.

"I was thinking if I change and stop eating the meat and remove those negative feelings from me, then he might not take me".

"That's good Lucifer, but that's not enough."

"Okay, what else do you suggest?"

"Firstly, this'll be a long process, so until that we need to protect you and Rose".

"Why me?", Rose seemed a bit surprised.

"I'll talk to you about that later Rose, but for now I can give you one explanation. You're there to help Lucifer, the devil won't want that, so he'll try and hurt you too".

"How're you going to protect us?", Rose asked who looked a bit uncomfortable now.

"First of all, we need to go to Ohio, we need to make two lockets, just like mine. Till then Rose, I want you to get permission from your parents for at least 5 days and I also want you to keep doing what you are doing."

I never saw Vince so serious and business-like. He spoke to our managers as if they're his best buds, never formal, so it was weird to see him like that.

"Okay now Lucifer, I want you to go outside. I want to talk to Rose, in private."

"Not happening", I crossed my hands and stood there.

"Lucifer, please", Rose pleaded. I couldn't say no to her because of her eyes.

"Fine".

I left and I immediately felt really furious. What was so important that Vince had to talk to her in private?
I waited outside for 15 minutes, when curiosity took over me and I tried to peek in the room to see what was happening.

I saw Rose crying while Vince sat opposite to her listening to something that I couldn't hear.

I couldn't see Rose like that, she looked so weak. I barged in the room and caught Rose's hand,
"Lucifer, what are you doing?"

"Now is not the time Vince".

I dragged Rose till my car and she sat in.

I started driving towards her house, she didn't say anything.
I stopped outside her house and got out, I opened the door for her.

"Why are you so mad at me?"

"I'm not mad, just go inside".

"No, I am not going. Not until you tell me what happened".

"He made you cry Rose and I'm sorry but I can't see you crying".

She looked at me for a while but I didn't look at her.

"Don't love me so much that it starts hurting you Lucifer".

She kissed me on my cheek and left and I sat there feeling almost paralysed.

She was right, she made it pretty clear that nothing is going to happen but if I kept being over possessive about her or loved her more and more every day then, the devil won't be the one hurting me. It would be love.
_____________________

A/n- HEYYYYY. It's good to be back.
Well I wasn't satisfied with this chapter so I'm going to post one more right after this.