The Pain That You Left Behind

You call me up,

"Can we meet?"

I rush to the park,

It's spring,

it's the season of the new beginnings.

The trees are smiling

And the flowers painting the entire world.

But the most beautiful of them,

The cherry tree in the middle.

Standing with all grace, beauty and pride.

That was our spot,

But not anymore.

Because standing under that same cherry tree,

At our spot,

You spoke

"It's not you,

It's me.

You deserve better,

Let's give up,

Let's set each other free."

I'm not complaining,

What you said was true,

It's not on me, it's on you.

But please tell me this,

Do I deserve this pain you left behind, too?

Helen's Note:

There's this beautiful park near my house. It is a small park but is filled with a different types of flower plants and trees. It is not on the main road but inside a small alley. It is secluded and hidden from the rest of the world. There are never many people there. Just some people in the neighborhood come there.

And at the middle of the park, there is a cherry tree that is the main attraction. Just one cherry tree, standing out from all the trees in the park that stands out from the entire world.

I love that park. I go there whenever I feel stuffed in my house or even if I'm just passing by there, I like to sit there and have a few calming moments in this chaotic city. I feel like when I go to that park I also get separated from the world. And it feels nice.

That is the place where I met him. I was sitting under the cherry tree and enjoying mocha after I got off work. He was just wandering around exploring the city and stumbled there. That's how it all started.

It was the place where everything started, and it is the place where everything ended. But I'm shocked that the park is just the same. It is still calming, secluded, and beautiful. It is still my little secret.