Walk

It's not that I don't want to walk.

It's just that I walked alone all my life,

And it was fine.

But then you showed up,

And started walking with me.

Those long conversations,

Replaced the songs I used to sing.

Now you are gone,

You don't walk with me anymore.

And suddenly the road feels long,

I long for home.

And I play the same songs I used to.

But I still hear our conversation,

And now I feel blue.

It's not that I don't want to walk anymore.

It's just,

It doesn't feel good anymore.

Lily's note:

Isn't it surprising, how someday someone just shows up in your life? Like they just dropped from the sky. They start to cross all the boundaries, and they keep poking you. At first, you feel uncomfortable and get irritated with them, but then after a while when they are not around you start to think about them.

It was just like that with me and him. I always enjoyed being alone. I felt like I would be all right even if I was the last person on the earth. But one day out of nowhere I met him on the street. We bumped into each other.

After that, he would always smile and wave at me whenever he saw me. And I would reply with a smile or wave I courtesy. At first, it was just two acquittances living in the same neighborhood. But then we started having a short conversation, then talking, then meeting for meals now and then, then dating, and then spending all of our free time together.

I didn't realize how much I got used to him. I think because he was always there. But then one day he left. It was like he vanished in thin air. At one moment he was there and in the next I was alone. It was then I realized how hard it is to be alone.