Lavenders

Lavenders.

That's what you smelled like.

Refreshing, smooth and strong Just like lavenders.

The scent strong enough to drown the entire world,

Strong enough to make people forget how to say a word.

That's how you smelled

That night, I screamed at you,

I threw things at you,

I pushed you and slammed the door.

That's how you smelled when I knew there was no us anymore.

Her scent worked just like lavenders,

It drowned my entire world and destroyed it,

It left me speechless and empty.

That's how you smelled that night,

When I saw your naked bodies entangled,

When the smell of lavenders took over sunflowers.

Tanya's note:

We had been married for ten years and I had known him for fifteen years. We were in college when we started dating and everything was great. If I had to describe him in one word at that time I'd say 'perfect'. And he was in love with me like crazy. I can't say he was the only one crazy, I love him the same.

When he asked me to marry him, I said yes without even thinking for a second Because I knew he was the right person. I could see myself getting old with him and raising kids. I would not believe God if he said otherwise. But they were just dreams and imagination.

After fifteen years of relationship, ten years of marriage and two kids he cheated on me with a girl from his office. I also met her a couple of times. She was in her twenties; her body still had curves and fat where it is supposed to. Her vagina was not torn because of giving birth to two kids of his. And her hair is well combed.

I caught them red-handed on the night I was supposed to go to my parents' house with the kids. But the flight was canceled because of the bad weather. I only found that out when I reached the airport, and when I went back home. The door was open, so I went in carefully. Someone was screaming in the bedroom hence I slowly opened the door and I saw them. I was shocked and shattered. I felt my entire world turn to dust.

When I was walking away he followed me and grabbed me in the hall. He smelled like lavenders. It was her perfume. That's when I lost it, I fought with him and threw both of them out. I was his sunflower I only looked at him, but he did not know because I did not give any fragrance. I only looked at him my entire life but I did not take a second to think before signing the divorce paper.