Caged

During the day,

I can't leave my room.

Because everything outside,

Reminds me of you.

During the night,

I can't stay in my room.

Because everything inside,

Reminds me of you.

Grace's note:

No matter how hard I try I can't get him out of my head. My friends try to keep me busy; they try their best to get my mind off of him but it never works. They all say that it will be all right but how is it ever gonna be all right? Tell me. He has gone too far away. I can't hold him, I can't smell him, I can't hear him. But it feels like yesterday when he grabbed my hand in the amusement park, it feels like yesterday when he came over to my place and cooked me that delicious pancakes. I can still taste that burnt taste from those pancakes and that bitter orange juice, but still, it was the best breakfast I have ever had.

It's not like I miss him every second, but I see something and the memory comes flooding back and I keep spiraling down. There's no way out. Like I saw this a florist selling orchids, the same type he used to buy me. And I remembered How his face glowed up every time he gave them to me. He looked like the kid who received the gift he asked Santa but he was the one giving the gift. How can he love me so much? And if he loved me so much, how can he leave me so early.

How can he be so cruel, I wonder? How can God never listen to my prayers? "Let be in your place, let me join him. I don't wanna live here anymore" How can God ignore every one of my prayers, how can he never read the letters I wrote him? I know he was an angel; he was too good for this world; he was too good for me. But still, how can God take him from me so early? And if he did take him away why did he leave me behind?