Chapter Forty-Eight

"I-I remember when you were sit-sitting in your window with all of those paints and that canv

"I-I remember when you were sit-sitting in your window with all of those paints and that canv...vas of yours, looking so...so...peaceful and happy."

"You always looked happy w...with a brush in your hand. I nev-never got t-the courage to tell you but it always made the butterflies in my-my stomach go f...fucking insane."

"And it's not fair. None..n-none of this is fair. You don't des-erve any of this. I wish it was me in-instead. I wish I had the disease just so you could l—live-live a healthy happy life with someone that treats y-you like the pr...prec-cious firefly you are."

"I want to be that person. I-I just want you to look at me and-and-and feel the same way. I want you to s...sing the song I made for you because it wouldn't feel right with an-anyone else."

"Please just...just don't—don't give up, please. I don't know what I'd do with myself if the last thing you remember was being alone. I-I-I promise, you won't have to do anything alone ever again if-if you don't w...want-want to. I'm here. I'm here, Willa."

"Just open your eyes."

"Do something, anything."

"Squeeze my hand so I know you can here me."

He grasps hers firmly in his, careful to not mess up any of the Iv's or wires attached to Willa's hand. Jasper caresses the top of her knuckles with his thumb, willing the tears to not make their presence known.

"Y-You have done so much for me without ev-even r-realizing i-it. I have the conf...fidence to talk now, only to you or my foster mom but...it's a work in progress."

"I know I'm not perfect. I know sometimes I could be a little overbearing or pushed away at points. Chronic stress...stress and an-anxiety is something I deal with a lot but really tr-try not to let it show because you always looked so confident in yourself and everything you did, of course a-apart from being shy."

"It was cute. I-It is...cute. You're cute willa, absolutely d-drop—dr...drop dead gorgeous."

"I just want you to look at me with those eyes again."

"Please rest and find the strength to come back to us."

"I don't know what I'd do with myself if I lost you, firefly. You're everything the world needs."

"...you're everything I need."

🥀

Is there only one chapter left after this? Has the time for these characters come to an end? There's an end to every story, but that never means the story ends, it's only what's visible to our eyes and our ears. There will always be a Willa and a Jasper living their best life after now, in our minds.

Don't forget to

vote
comment
share
follow me
add to reading list

And as always, I'll see all you lovelies in the next one 💕