Chapter One

His bright blue eyes scan the empty living room with distaste, never knowing what it's like to stay in one place for more than a year

"I'm gonna have to be at work from five thirty in the morning to ten at night at the hospital. You're gonna be on your own for most of the days."

Jasper expected this, and isn't the least bit surprised. He's been on his own for a long time, so why now would things change?

"The neighbors are very nice people and their phone numbers are on the fridge if you need anything. Be sure to go over and introduce yourself at some point. We want to make a good impression, especially since they're the only ones around for miles—oh! I almost forgot."

Here we go, he sighs.

"Don't forget to do your online classes at eight every morning. They aren't free."

It's the same routine Jaspers been on for as long as he can remember. Why foster a kid when you're never gonna be home to see them?

-

Willa looks through the window of her upstairs bedroom as the last U-Haul leaves, disappearing past a sea of tall green trees.

"You're gonna have to meet them at some point, you know."

She turns around at her mother's voice. "Do I realllyyy though?"

"Yes. Yes, you do. They're our only neighbors so you best get use to them. I'm sure you and Kara's foster kid are gonna get along quite well too."

"You've already met them?"

"I have—Kara anyways. Jasper went inside before I got the chance to say hello. But they have our numbers just in case."

Willa sighs. She had been perfectly fine living in the middle of no where without prying eyes judging each one of her scars. Child hood consisted of going in and out of the hospital. As a domino affect, she missed school constantly and every time Willa attended, kids would make fun of her. So, with little choice, the socially awkward teen girl had one option: homeschool.

"He's the same age as you too..."

"..."

"Don't look at me like that."

"You're sixteen, Willa."

"And?"

"..."

"Stop waggling your eyebrows, it's freaking me out."

"You're gonna have to meet him at some point or another."

"Not if I can't help it."

🥀

Hey everyone! I've started another -partly- dialogue story 😁 I've really come to like them since my first one "Audrey's Secret" (which you should check out if you haven't already). People say they're easier but in reality, they take just as much work. You've still got to figure out the story line and characters and everything.

I really hope you stick around to see both of these closed off characters blossom in to two wonderful people.

Be sure to

vote
comment
share
add to library
follow me

And I will see all you lovelies in the next one

💕