Author's Note and What's Next

Hey guys! I published the last chapter shortly after the one before it because I didn't want to make you guys wait too long.

Here's an overview of everything that happened in the story just in case there was any confusion.

1.
Willa has Neurofibromatosis Type 2 where tumors form along her nervous system. She, as I depicted in the book, didn't have any in mass amounts like many people with the disease not for any particular reason. I just had a certain vision of her that I wanted to play out. She also had seizures (that would play into the end of the book) as well as an eye condition that made both of her eyes two different colors from each other—blue and green.

2.
Willa's dad had died from a seizure long before the story ever began (he also shared the same diagnosis as Willa and is ultimately why he ended up passing away and that's why the book only contained Willa with her mom and no other family).

3.
Jasper was selectively mute because of a car accident he got in with his biological parents (who died in the accident and that's why he had been sent through the foster system). He was always afraid to talk again until Willa gave him the confidence to—and of course he would be a little shaky at it after not having spoken for years.

4.
In the last chapter I said a few times at the end "they had been wrong...everyone had been wrong". This was referring to the doctors thinking Willa only had maybe a month left to live, that she was "terminal". I decided to make this clear because if I didn't end it that way, then people might've been quicker to interpret the "shadow" at the end as her ghost—although you can interpret it that way if you want—but in my mind the way it ends is that she's still alive. Doctors make mistakes all the time and sometimes, especially in instances like this one, it severely affects people and their lives.

As for what's next, I'm not entirely sure. I originally had a superhero book, got 14 chapters in then realized, "hey, this kind of is dookey" and I started rewriting it—mind you, for the millionth time—so now I'm back to square one, chapter one.

I also have another book that has to do with werewolves and am currently four chapters in and it's going decently well so far.

I have not published a full narrative before without getting a "black out" moment and putting the book on hold then ultimately taking it down because those were back in my days where I was putting up a whole bunch of stories at once that never went anywhere.

So whatever book I publish next, I'll make sure I have a whole bunch of chapters written and edited to my liking so I can put up at least one chapter every week or every other week depending how much farther I progress.

With how things are currently going, it's leaning more towards the werewolf book unless I have a different story idea that progresses all of a sudden stemming from a small idea that pops in my head while I'm on the toilet.

And I will stick with what I've been doing, this being publishing one story at a time unless it's the quote book of all the poems I've written as well as any other people that might private message me to contribute (in which you'll be dedicated to, and I'll put all of your @'s in the beginning of the chapter.)

Thank you all if you've stuck around to read to this part. I am forever grateful for you guys. Leave me feedback on how the story went, what you think I could do to improve, and possibly even what you want to see from me in the future. I am very open to constructive criticism. No hate please, though. It always goes hand in hand with telling me if you see any word mistakes that are not in one of their text messages.

See you lovelies in our next journey ❤️❤️

Sincerely,
                  the author

xoxo