Chapter Twenty-Two

|| message to: firefly AKA neighbor girl ||

hey firefly

Hey neighbor boy.

oh is that my name

Sure is.

what are you up to

Trying to decide what to paint today.

how about you paint me

like one of your french girls

I've never painted people before.

give it a shot

ill even pose

What?

come to the window

Willa's eyebrows furrow together. She moves around the kitchen's island and positions herself in front of the large open window facing directly at her neighbors house.

Jasper walks out of the door with a cheeky grin playing on his lips. He sits on the bench, guitar in his lap and leans back with one hand in his pocket. The site makes Willa's heart skip a beat. She fumbles off of the couch to grab her supplies and immediately sets the tall wooden easel in place.  Any thought of being worried about someone seeing her scars and the color of her eyes floats away. All Willa focuses on is the outline of the scene laying in front of her.

He stays surprisingly still, peering up at the parted clouds and blue sky above. She sketches details down to the T and takes a few seconds to appreciate this moment. The wind playing with her hair, the bright palette of watercolors, the cute boy with curly black hair that she barely knows living only a few yards away.

She's surprised at her own thoughts.

Did I just think he was cute?

Blush creeps up onto her smooth, lightly tanned skin. Jasper glances down and sees this. She averts her gaze to the canvas, trying desperately not to make a fool of herself.

I've never even talked to him before...

They stay like this for a little while before the image is finished and Willa can't help but be taken aback. The bright colors explode from his figure. All the yellows, pinks, purples, blues, greens, and oranges splash together to make a beautiful master piece that her herself can't get over.

hey let me see

She peers up and grabs the canvas, now nervous that he's going to think it's dumb.

Why would I care if he likes it?

Though the smile and the way he nods assures her for some odd reason. Immediately Jaspers eyes widen the slightest and he pauses.

willa that's amazing

holy cow

She tucks a piece of hair behind her ear, no longer being able to hold the blush from spreading to both her cheeks and the tip of her nose.

im not kidding

is that the way you see me

It's the way I wish people saw themselves.

🥀

Here's a wholesome chapter between our main characters as the get more use to each other.

I wanted to be sassy with the text messages after reading what I wrote but that's not the way she acts (especially not inappropriately) so I decided against it haha.

Also I just now realized part of the way through I put the narrative in the middle but some of it is off to the side so I'm gonna go back and change it so that all the narrative is positioned in the middle of the page.

Don't forget to

vote
comment
share this with your friends
follow me
add this to your reading list

And I will see all you lovelies in the next one 💕