The trial begins

****Mia's POV****

2months later
Monday January 2nd
Next Monday January 9th my dad's trial starts

Things have been interesting to say the least.
Sonny and I both physically healed from the trauma we both went through from Travis, Sonny's physical issues took longer.
He currently is working through PTSD, thankfully the mental toll has went better this time for me.

I'm went back to school today since we've been off for Christmas break, I had the greatest Christmas with Amanda and Sonny my actual parents, and I can't wait for the day it's legally official.
This Christmas was the best I've had my whole life and I won't ever forget it.

I'm currently sitting in Sonny's office working on my homework while Sonny, Amanda, Olivia, Elliot, Nick, pretty much the whole squad is meeting with Barba to go over things and help me get ready for the trial next week.
Not only is Travis looking at charges against me but now Sonny too, I am very nervous.
I won't even be able to go to school due to the seriousness of the trial, and I'll have to testify.

"Hey Mia."
I looked up to see Sonny there

"Hey dad."
I smiled

Amanda, Olivia, and Barba came in following him.

"So Mia we need to talk to you about the trial next week."
Olivia said

I put my pencil down

"Yeah?"
I said

"So Mia, it's going to start Monday and it'll end Friday-the decisions will be made Friday whether or not Travis is found guilty in the case against you and the case against Sonny."
Barba said

"Will I still have to testify?"
I asked

"Yes, you'll have to testify in the case that got you removed from the home and with Sonny."
Barba said

I looked down
Flashbacks began to run through my head
It played like a movie

"Mia."
Amanda said

It brought me back to reality

"Yeah?"
I said

"Are you ok?"
Sonny asked

"Yeah."
I shook my head lying

"So We will need to go over your testimony, what to say and not say suggested, and prepare you for Travis' lawyers coming up against you."
Barba said

My heart fell out of my chest

"Travis'...law-yers..."
I stuttered out and that's all I could get out

"Mia it'll be ok, it's just part of the trial."
Olivia said

"They'll be up against Michelle, Olivia, and myself as well."
Sonny smiled Nodding his head

"I don't know if this is going to work out."
I began to panic

"We'll practice everything and help you through it, and you can look at me the whole time."
Barba said

"Ok."
I said nervous

****Sonny's POV****

It was my turn tonight to put Mia to bed
She's been having a hard time sleeping with the trial coming closer
She was laying on her back on her bed looking at the ceiling and I was laying down next to her on my left side watching her as she had been talking.

"Dad."
Mia said

"Yeah?"
I asked

"Im scared, I'm really scared that Travis will get me back."
Mia's eyes began to water 

"Mia we won't let that happen."
I said

"Are you sure?"
Mia asked looking at me

"Yes sweetie I promise."
I wiped her eyes

"Dad I've been doing so good and I've had the best time since I've been here and learning painting better with Timothy, I had the best Christmas I've ever had, I'm safe finally, and I just want you and Amanda to be my parents."
Mia began to cry

"Come here."
I said

Mia scooted into my chest and I held her comforting her as best as I could.

I was choking on tears myself, and I didn't want her to know I was scared as well.

After awhile Mia fell asleep and I scooted slowly out of her bed and covered her up and went into Amanda and I's room, Amanda was reading a book.

"Mia ok? You was in there awhile."
Amanda looked up at me

"I don't know (I took a deep breath and let it out)"
I said

I began to take my pants and shirt off

"She's worried about the trial and I am too."
I said

I climbed into bed

"Dominick it's going to be ok."
Amanda grabbed my hand

"Is it? Is it though?"
I began to cry

"I've had to testify I don't know how many times, be on the stand for something I don't know if Mia will be able to handle it."
I said

"We'll get her through it, and she did great today. But I know what you mean."
Amanda said

I laid my head on Amanda's chest and she rubbed my back,PTSD is still hard on me

"Everything will be ok Sonny, everything has to be."
Amanda kept repeating

****Mia's POV****

1 week later
Monday January 9th
Day 1 of the trial begins today

Sonny, Amanda, and I arrived at the courthouse to be greeted by Olivia, Nick, Mike, And Elliot. I was shaking, nervous, and intimidated.

"I'm scared."
I said

"You are going to be just fine, you won't have to testify today. It'll just be Sonny, Michelle speaking today about your case and going over evidence. Then tomorrow We'll go over evidence and the case with Sonny's. Wednesday will be when you will need to testify and they will call you to the stand."
Olivia said

I grabbed Sonny and Amanda's hand and took a deep breath and let it out.

Barba approached us and he looked stressed

"We have a problem."
Barba said

My heart stopped I was certain

"What now?!"
Mike said

"Judge Elana was going to be our judge and she had a family emergency and is out, they assigned us Judge Edward Kofax."
Barba said

"You got to be joking."
Nick said

"What..does...that mean?!"
I stuttered out

My heart pounding

"Please tell me you're lying."
Olivia said

"I wish I was but he was the only judge that was available at a last moment basis."
Barba said

I let go of Sonny and Amanda's hands
Sonny knelt down, he was frowning but pushed a smile and put his hand on my shoulder

"Mia everything will be fine, be brave and do everything we went over."
Sonny said

I nodded
I slipped and let the tears I was fighting back flow