Losing Control?

With Arden still gripping tightly onto her younger brother, Kain led them to a small outdoor area. Thankfully there were no MP's around and a well sat in the middle of the closed off area.

"Okay, here you go." Kain breathed as he supported Arden who leant against the well. Her whole body was still heaving up and down with her loud and frantic breathing.

He chuckled nervously, not really sure what caused his older sisters outburst. "You lost control." He stated whilst scratching the back of his neck, swaying on the balls of his feet.

Ardens head snapped in his direction and he immediately gulped. Her blood red eyes were wide with pure rage. Their once blank state was now swirling with anger, hunger, malice. Her jaw clenched, nostrils flared and mouth set into a deep scowl. "Really? I'm glad you could see that." She snapped sarcastically.

The harsh tone of her voice caused Kain to subconsciously jump back. His once playful aura was now replaced by fear.

This was what he hated more than anything. This was the one thing he was truly terrified off. When Arden was angry. And being a half breed demon, losing control means getting angry. It fuels you with pure uncontrollable rage. You loose yourself and slaughter anything in sight.

But this wasn't normal for Arden. She never loses control. So seeing her like this broke his heart whilst simultaneously filling him with fear.

Noticing her younger brother jump back from her in shock, Arden growled. An animalistic, predatory growl. One that shouldn't be possible to come from a human, but only the most deadly and terrifying of creatures.

Her blood red eyes fell to the never ending void of darkness inside the well. She willed herself to focus on it. To see it. To hear it. To feel it.

And slowly but surely, her erratic breathing calmed. The death like grip she had on the stone well loosened.

Kain, who stood a few feet away from her, body still frozen in fear, released a breath he didn't realise he was holding. Hesitantly he called out to her, "A-Arden?"

Arden blinked. Her eyes now focusing on the well. Her once overloaded senses had calmed and she felt how she had regained control over her body. Lifting her hands from the well, blood red eyes momentarily lingered on the deep cracks on the stone from where her hands had previously been.

Quickly she turned to her brother and immediately frowned upon seeing him inched away from her. Wary eyes scanning over her form.

"Kain?" She questioned, her soft voice trembling ever so slightly.

Kain instantly sighed in relief before stepping forward and engulfing his shorter sister in his arms. He pressed her head to his chest and rested his chin atop her soft raven hair. His hands were soothingly rubbing up and down her back as he whispered, "I'm glad you're back."

After a few seconds of hesitation, Arden swiftly wrapped her arms around her younger brothers back. She pulled herself closer to him, wanting to be as close to his comforting embrace as possible. Unshed tears built in her crimson eyes. "I-im so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I didn't mean to do that."

Kains heart broke as he listened to her trembling. She sounded shocked at herself and he knew that she'd end up hating herself for this, even though he didn't judge her for it.