Shocking Revelation

After their moment, Arden was able to calm her pounding heart. The 2 stayed together for a while longer, chatting about whatever came to mind. But most importantly, Levi informed her on what had happened with Eren during the expedition. And the latest order from the Capital.

After that they went their separate ways, Levi to finally change out of his uniform and get something to eat, and Arden to her family to reassure them she was alright.

When the others knew they had awoken, Erwin called for an emergency meeting.

During her time being patched up and recovering, Arden didn't know about the Capital's order to take Eren from the Scouts custody. With the expedition being a failure, they had no evidence to prove Eren's strategic advantage. So as per the courts order, the Jeager boy would return to the Capital where he'll probably be put in the MP's custody. Meaning he'd certainly end up dead.

But Erwin's sudden meeting gave them hope.

On their way there the two ended up bumping into each other, so Arden and Levi made for the dining hall where Erwin was waiting for them. Well, was supposed to be waiting for them. When the two arrived, it was just Eren sitting sullenly at one end of the table. No one else was around.

As the three waited for the appearance of their commander, there was an uncomfortable silence. Everyone on edge from the news that was to come. Eren wondering what would happen to him when the MP's come to take him away. Levi racking his brain to figure out what Erwin was thinking or planning, but coming up empty. And Arden's mind swelling with everything that happened yesterday. From the appearance of the changeling to the cryptic, fruitless story of Drystan.

What did it all mean? Was the only thing she could think about. The story of the appearance of halfbreeds. Drystan's role in surveying the halfbreeds to determine whether they were a threat. But most importantly, why was he so adamant on concealing her existence from the other greater demons? And her abilities...

As the thought bounced in her mind, she glanced down at her hands resting on the wooden table. Bringing both of them palm up, blood red eyes scanning across the pale skin frantically. She knew that her ability to summon and control flames was more important than she realised. She knew because when Drystan saw it there was absolute fear in his eyes, but also excitement and accomplishment. But why?

Did it have something to do with the thing the Elders chose not to believe but he did? Nothing made sense anymore.

Feeling something nudge her knee under the table, she glanced down, finding another knee lightly pressed against hers. And when she looked up, she was met with the narrowed gaze of Levi. Concern and curiosity dancing in his steel greys.

Levi had been keeping an eye on her since that morning and he immediately noticed her odd behaviour. Staring down at her hands just now, as if they were a foreign object that she'd seen for the first time but didn't know whether to love it or hate it. Not to mention when they were on their way to the Hall. Her normal pace had significantly slowed and at first he thought that she was just slowing down to make things comfortable for him, due to his sprained ankle. But he noticed that a slight stagger came with her reduced pace, one that she tried to hide. Along with this was her overall exhausted appearance. Even despite trying to make herself look more refreshed, her dark circles, drooped eyes, sickly complexion and overall languid state was hard to hide. Something was going on with her that she wouldn't tell him about.