The Man With A Clear Death Wish

Being the overprotective, stubborn, slightly insane person that he is, Kain refused to let Arden anywhere near Levi. It had been like that for almost two days. With him protectively wrapping his arms around her and pulling her away from any room that Levi was in, shielding her with his body as if the Captain was a wild beast and his sister was its next prey. He even forced his way into her room the two nights and made sure she didn't sneak out to see Levi in his office.

The Elite Squad was currently stationed outside the castle in the courtyard, they had been tasked with collecting water from the well.

As Carlisle heaved on the rope, pulling the now full bucket up to the top of the well, his eyes glanced over his squad. "It's alright guys, just leave me to do it. It's not like we have two demons here that could do this alot faster than I can." He grumbled under his breath, already annoyed by everything, like usual.

Taking a step closer to him, Arden stared at him blankly as she grabbed the rope in his hands with her right hand, effortlessly pulling the bucket up in one swift pull.

Carlisle folded his arms, sighing in annoyance, "See what I mean? Maybe next time we should start with the demons."

"Carlisle, the whole point of us knowing is to help keep them a secret. Not exploit them for work." Lydia added gently as she pulled the full bucket onto the edge of the stone well wall.

Lydia, Kain and Tobias were stood on the opposite side of the well to Carlisle and Arden. Kain smiled smugly as he dramatically placed his hands on his hips, "You're just jealous that us demons are stronger than you."

"Yeah, no shit, you little dick." Carlisle huffed, clenching his fists at his sides.

"M-maybe we should stop being so careless with the 'D' word?" Tobias suggested, shyly rubbing at the back of his neck.

Kain turned to him with a confused expression, "What, 'dick'?"

"Demon, you idiot." Arden quipped as she narrowed her eyes at her brother, still dumbfounded by his stupidity.

"Ha! Speaking of idiots," Kain started, glaring over at his sister as he scolded her like a parent would a child, "What the hell were you thinking? Having a baby with that short stack. No man is good enough for you to have a baby with!"

Lydia awkwardly smiled, trying her hardest to be kind, "You do know that she's not actually having a baby, right?" She questioned, genuinely wanting to know the answer.

"Does that little shit even know how baby's are made?" Carlisle asked boredly, knowing it would get a reaction from Kain.

And as hoped, Kain scoffed loudly, dramatically spinning on his heels to face the taller man from across the well. He was about to reply with some witty or angry remark until Tobias beat him to it. "Well he's never been in a relationship, so he's got no experience..."

The comment immediately making Arden and Lydia chuckle as Carlisle burst into loud, obnoxious laughter.

"W-what?!" Kain shouted in surprise, turning to Tobias with a wide eyed, shocked expression on his face, "Not you too, Toby!" He whined loudly like a toddler.

Tobias awkwardly smiled whilst giving him a shy shrug, "Sorry?"

"And I'm not having a baby, Kain. Levi and I are just friends." Arden stated calmly as she stared expressionless at her younger brother.