The Rescue

Alpha Jordans POV

Sitting in my office at the pack house for the Black River Pack, I can feel the migraine starting to radiate down my neck. I start massaging my temples. I look at my pack beta, Renwick, as he explains the two rogue attacks that happened this past week at our pack borders. Sometimes being Alpha sucks when you dont have a Luna to help you delegate and be your sounding board. I thought I would have one by now, at the age of 29 but my mate rejected me when I turned 21. She didnt want me, nor did she want to be Luna. Now theres women throwing themselves at me just trying to get the title of Luna, but I am still saving myself for my second chance mate. I have prayed to the goddess, and she has told me soon, I will get what I wish for.

I was so distracted by my thoughts of my Luna that I didnt hear anything that Renwick just said and now hes clapping in my face.

"What?" I ask him.

"Jeez, Alpha. You were spaced out for a good minute," he says chuckling.

"Ha Ha. Get on with what you were saying shithead."

"As I was saying, we managed to get the rogues back with minimal injuries. Its strange Alpha. Its like they arent here to kill like they normally do but making themselves known or maybe they are a distraction. For what, I dont know yet, but I will find out," he says with a perplexed expression on his face.

Suddenly, I get this weird sharp pain that radiates from my stomach. I clutch my belly and groan. It only lasts a couple of seconds at most and when I open my eyes, Renwick is looking at me in concern.

"Alpha, are you okay? What the fuck was that?"

I get the notification in my mind that someone has crossed pack borders. I cant explain what that pain was, but I need to focus on work and taking care of my pack.

"Im fine but I just caught that someone crossed the border in the northwest. We need to head over there because I want to see that rogue stuff you were talking about. See it for myself. Lets go," I say while moving towards the door.

I mind-link my gamma, Reign and tell him to meet us there so we can have back up. He meets both me and Renwick in the backyard of the packhouse. We all strip down, fold our clothes and then shift into our wolves to run. My wolf is a midnight black wolf with electric blue eyes. Renwick is a light brown colored wolf with dark brown eyes. Reign is more of a darker brown wolf with a light brown colored eyes.

We are about a mile from the pack border when we all stop running because we can all smell it. Blood. We all shift back into our human forms and put on the clothes we brought. We dont want to scare anyone if they are injured and need our help. I take a deep breath and then, suddenly, my wolf Asmo starts pacing back and forth roaring 'MATE' repeatedly.

'Mate? Are you sure Asmo? Is that really our mate out there bleeding?' I ask him in desperation. I wanted to find my second chance mate so bad.

'Yes, you idiot. I am sure. That is our mate. Get to her. We need to help her. She is dying.'

I turn to Renwick and Reign and growl a low growl.

"Do not touch her. She is my mate and I barely have control of Asmo right now and I cant be sure what he will do if you touch her."

"Are you serious? Your mate? Are you sure?"Reign asks.

"Yes, me and Asmo are positive that our mate is the person we are all smelling," I tell them with a smile until I realize that shes bleeding. I take off running as fast as possible. What I see makes my body go rigid and shaking with fury. She is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen but the knife sticking out her stomach along with he bruises and cuts on her body have made me and Asmo want revenge. Now.

"Holy shit. Someone really did a number on this poor girl," Renwick comments.

I release a pained howl causing both of my friends to bow their heads in submission. I had to or I would go on a hunting trip right this second for the asshole responsible for doing this to my mate.

"Alpha, calm down," Renwick says to me in a gentle tone.

"CALM DOWN? You want me calm down? That is my MATE, and someone tried to fucking kill her! Do not tell me to calm down. Im using every ounce of strength I have to keep Asmo from taking over to go hunting and ripping the person who did this to pieces," I tell him.

"Alpha, we understand that you are pissed. We are pissed as well. Thats our future Luna. But she needs you. Your mate needs you to be calm and take care of her so she can survive. So, you need to take a deep breath, calm down, and figure out the next step so she can live," Reign says in a gentle tone.

His words finally break through the red fog of anger in my mind. I take a deep breath and calm down. Asmo retreats enough into my mind so I can take care of our mate. I kneel next to her and move a piece of her brown hair out of her face. Goddess, she is so beautiful. I take a deep inhale and smell two unknown male wolves, but they smell like the Blood Moon Pack. Asmo releases a growl, but I push him back down. I carefully put one of my arms under my mates knees and the other under her back and lift her off the ground. She snuggles into my chest, and I am careful to not touch the knife. I look down at my beautiful mate and just stare. I notice the fact that under all the bruises and cuts, she has splatters of freckles all over her face. Im wondering to myself what color her eyes are as we start walking back to the pack house. Reign mind-links the pack doctor to meet us at the house. I hold my angel a little closer and she lets out a whimper and a word that sounded like "MATE."

I press my lips to her temple and feel the sparks shooting through my lips and her head. I smile at the fact that I have finally found my second chance mate. The mate meant for me. Goddess, I hope she accepts me. I hope we can be happy together because I am already falling in love with her.

I move my lips against her ear and say "Dont worry my beautiful mate, I am here now, and I promise to take care of you like you deserve. You are safe now, my love." My mate snuggles closer to my neck and sighs. I could get used to having her in my arms. It just feels right. It feels like coming home.