Meanwhile, Back at Home part 2

Alpha Jason's POV

Im standing in the back yard of the pack house with Luna Caroline, Travis, Sam, and six warrior wolves. I mind-link the entire pack.

'Derrick Heinrich, Ryan Patterson, and Ransley Burton. All three of you are to report to the backyard of the packhouse NOW! If anyone in the pack sees these boys, let them know this is a demand, not a request.'

We all stand and wait for the boys to show up. It takes about 15 minutes, but they finally walk into the back yard. Derrick and Ryan acting as if they have no care in the world. Ransley looks white as a sheet and like he is ready to puke. He knows what is going on.

Derrick makes eye contact with me and then asks "Dad, what is this? Whats going on?"

I put on my alpha voice and say:

"You three are here because at 8:37 this morning, you are all seen carrying a limp Ophelia James out of the school and she never returned. You all are going to tell me what happened to her or so help the goddess, I will let my wolf unleash his anger on you."

Derrick is the one to speak up. It seems like he is the ringleader of this little group.

"Dad, we just took her home because she said she wasnt feeling good this morning. She passed out so we carried her and left her outside on her front porch. We figured her parents would find her, so we went back to school."

I can tell hes lying. I raised him so I know that when he lies, he looks to the right every single time so hes a very shitty liar. But I let them each tell their stories to see if anything changes. Ryan gives me the same story that Derrick gave me. I can tell hes just going to follow whatever Derrick does, so I look over to Ransley. He is still super white but now hes sweating bullets and fidgeting. I know he is the one I can crack.

"Ransley, look at me." I commend him since hes looking at the floor. Slowly he makes eye contact with me, and I can see a myriad of emotions pass through them. Regret, remorse, guilt, sadness, and disgust.

"Ransley, is what Derrick and Ryan said the truth of what happened this morning?" I ask him softly. He doesnt answer so I try another tactic.

"If Ophelia is hurt, I need to know so I can help her. I dont care what you did but I have to help her. You dont want her to die do you?"

Ransley quickly mind-links me.

'Hold them back. They will try to kill me,' he says softly.

I mind-link the other pack members here with me.

'I want Travis and Sam to hold back Derrick and Shaun and Demetri to hold Ryan back, NOW. Do it fast.'

Quickly, both boys are held back while yelling at Ransley to keep his mouth shut. Ransley is crying because I know he feels bad about what happened with Ophelia. I can feel his shame through the pack link.

"Ransley, tell me what happened please," I say to him.

"Okay. Us three got to school this morning like we usually do except Derrick said he caught the scent of his mate. He made us hide in a chemistry classroom until he could pick out who it was. Once he realized it was Ophelia, he decided he was going to reject her. He pulled her into the classroom and rejected her. He told her she was worthless and a waste of space because she didnt have a wolf and couldnt protect herself even a little bit. After he said the formal rejection, she fell over in pain. Her body couldnt handle the severing of the mate bond very well, so she became weak. Derrick said that he wouldnt be able to get a second chance mate if he only rejected her, so he said he had to kill her. He had a plan to put her near the pack borders so either rogues or another pack would deal with her body. I told him no, but he blackmailed me into helping. Ryan carried her and Derrick lead the way into the forest. I couldnt watch so I had to turn away, but I could hear them punching and kicking her repeatedly. All those painful whimpers and screams will forever be burned into my memories. Derrick tried to make me turn her over, but I refused to help him. Ryan didnt mind doing his bitch work though and turned her over. Derrick said some harsh shit to her about how he is happy that he got to reject her and that he cant wait to find a better Luna. Then he stabbed her in the stomach. And then he told us we had to leave her there to die and we left. We went back to school, and they acted like nothing happened, but I just couldnt do that. Ive been sick all day. Please find her, save her. She didnt deserve any of that. If I could go back and stop them, I would. Please," he finishes.

Every single person who is standing in this backyard, their rage is felt ten-fold through the pack link. I turn to my so-called son. He is glaring daggers at Ransley. Ryan at least has the decency to look somewhat ashamed of his actions.

"Derrick, look at me," I roar. He meets my eyes.

"I am so disgusted with your actions. I have never met someone who could be so callous to anyone much less his own mate. You will be locked up until I find out what happened to Ophelia and then I will decide your punishment. And you better pray to the goddess that she isnt dead or so help you I will kill you myself."

"YOU WOULD CHOOSE THAT NO GOOD WORTHLESS BITCH OVER YOUR OWN SON? I AM THE FUTURE ALPHA OF THIS PACK. YOU CANT DO THIS TO ME!"

"Watch me. Im choosing a girl who needs her pack. You chose yourself. Oh, and thanks for reminding me. I, Jason Heinrich, Alpha of the Blood Moon Pack, strip you, Derrick Heinrich, of your future alpha title. You will no longer be considered for alpha." Derrick stares at me in shock. He really thought I would just let him do whatever he wanted, and he would get to keep his title.

I turn to Ryan and say "I, Jason Heinrich, Alpha of Blood Moon Pack hereby strip you, Ryan Patterson, of your title of future Beta of the Blood Moon Pack."

I turn to the guys holding Derrick and Ryan, "Take them to the cells. I want them out of my face. Ransley, you need to take me to the woods where you guys left Ophelia."

"Yes, Alpha," he says as he leads us into the forest.