The Confrontation

Luna Ophelia's POV

The drive to the Blood Moon pack house only takes about 30 minutes since our territories are so close together. I had heard Jordan's phone call with Alpha Jason, and I got scared. I was petrified when I stepped into his office that something could happen today to tear us apart. But my mate always knows exactly what I need. Our alone time in his office just cemented the fact that we love each other, and nothing is going to tear us apart.

I must have gotten lost in my thoughts because next thing I know, Jordan is squeezing my hand and telling me that we are here. I look up to my old pack house and visibly shudder. I remember all of the times I came here to hang out with the Alpha and Luna while my parents worked and all of the times I was tormented by their psychotic son, Derrick, in the dark corners of this house. The white house seems to be falling apart with the dark blue shutters hanging on by a nail in the corner and the white paint peeling enough to see the burnt yellow color underneath it. They really have let this place go to shit.

Jordan and Renwick step out of the car and approach Alpha Jason in the driveway. They shake hands and start talking. Im still sitting in the back seat of the car, waiting on Jordans signal to get out of the car. I see Jordans entire body tense up when the front door of the house opens and out walks the psycho who tried to kill me 6 months ago, Derrick. He looks terrible. He looks malnourished, skinny, black bags under both eyes, pale skin and just an overall look of sickness. Is it bad that it makes me want to smile?

Instead of waiting on the signal from Jordan, I open the door and step out of the car. I walk up to the group of guys standing and I watch as Alpha Jason and Derricks eyes get comically wide and their mouths practically drop to the floor.

"Hiya boys. Miss me?" I ask sarcastically.

"Ophelia? Is that you? Ive been looking everywhere for you for the last six months! What happened to you?" Alpha Jason exclaims.

Jordan comes up behind me, wraps his arms around my waist and sets his chin on top of my head.

"I would like to introduce you guys to my mate and wife. Luna Ophelia Amalric of the Black River Pack," Jordan says. Did I mention we also got married the same night as the Luna ceremony?

"Mate? She cant be your mate because she was my mate," Derrick yells.

Jordan growls at him. "Correct, she WAS your mate. The minute you rejected her and tried to kill her, the moon goddess gave her a real mate to take care of her, me." Derrick flinches backwards at his accusation.

"Well, she obviously didnt die so that explains why I feel like shit," he coughs out.

I roll my eyes at this idiot. "Only you could take the fact that your victim of attempted murder didnt die and make that all about you."

"So, what is this meeting you wanted about Alpha Jordan?" Alpha Jason asks. Im getting really tired of men thinking I cant handle this on my own. I growl lowly and mind -link Jordan.

'Let me handle this. This is my fight.'

'Of course. Go ahead baby. You've got this.' He replies.

"Alpha Jason, I requested this meeting. Not my mate and I am capable of speaking for myself. The fact that you obviously knew what your son had done to me, and he is currently walking around free to do as he pleases seriously disappoints me."

"I didnt have a choice. No one could find out what happened to you and without a body to prove murder or any of what Ransley told us, we had to let him go but I dont have to explain how I run my pack to you," he says angrily.

Jordan and I growl at the same time. "Watch yourself Jason. No one disrespects my wife."

"No one said you had to explain shit to me. I just said I was disappointed that he was able to get away with trying to kill me. But that was before I showed up. Under our laws, I get to choose his punishment since I was the one, he tried to kill." I turn to Derrick and say, "You have one hour to meet me in the back yard of the pack house to receive your punishment along with Ryan. I suggest you find him. If you are not back in an hour, I will let loose and hunt you. And you dont want that, trust me."

I turn back to Alpha Jason, "Ransley needs to attend as well."

I grab Jordans hand and we walk to the back yard of the pack house to wait.

.

Im standing in the backyard with Jordan, Renwick, Alpha Jason, Luna Caroline and Ransley waiting on Derrick and Ryan. Its been 57 minutes, so they have 3 minutes left until I go hunting them down. Ransley keeps trying to get my attention, but I ignore him. I can talk to him after I get done dealing with these two idiots. Speaking of which, they finally show up with 30 seconds to spare.

They walk through the trees coming out of the forest and when Ryan meets my eyes, he does a double take and then turns to Derrick and punches him in the face while yelling, "You could have told me she was here to kill us you asshole."

"Boys, can we please just calm down and act like adults. Jeez you would have thought you guys would have at least matured a little bit in the last six months."

I turn towards everyone and get on with my little speech I prepared, "Well, since we are all here, let me begin by saying I didnt die, obviously much to your dismay Derrick. My true mate found me bleeding out in the woods and saved my life. But the fact that you guys tormented me every single day of my life should have been a clue that there was something seriously wrong with you. I mean-"

I dont get any further into the speech because Derrick shifts into his wolf and lunges for my throat. His teeth clamp down on my shoulder and I let out a roar. Suddenly, his teeth are gone, and I turn to see Jordan throwing him across the back yard. Jordan runs back over to me to look at my wound, but I see Derrick charging towards him.

'Les, get ready. We must save our mate.'

I take off running and jump over Jordans head and shift mid jump. I land on all fours and let out a ferocious growl and then lunge for Derricks throat. He looks at me with wide eyes, but we are so past caring about him. I manage to get my jaw around his throat, clamp down and then pull, effectively ripping his throat out. I let out a howl just as I see Ryan shift and run into the woods. I take a step to follow him when I hear my mate in my head, 'I got him baby. I am so proud of you Sunshine. I love you.'

Jordan takes off after Ryan while Renwick brings me a change of clothes and I trot behind a tree, shift and then change into the black athletic shorts and grey t-shirt. I walk back out just as Renwick and Ransley are taking Derricks body away from the back yard. Every single person in the yard is looking at me in awe, including my parents who must have come after the fight started.

Alpha Jason begins to speak but I hold up my hand to stop him.

"I still have shit to say that was rudely interrupted by someone trying to kill me, again. Like I was saying, my mate saved me and together we discovered I am a pure white wolf. No, I will not tell you what powers I have. I dont need anyone else trying to kill me or my mate. Mom and dad, hi, I have missed you guys so much and we will catch up later I promise. Alpha Jason, I want permission to go into Derricks house. Years ago, he stole a necklace from me that was given to me by my grandmother, and I would like to see if its there. Also, thank you for searching for me although you probably could have searched a little harder. I mean I was only 30 minutes away and Jordan never once got a call from you asking about me. Anyways, this shit is in the past and I plan to leave it buried there."

I finally look at Ransley but hes looking at the grass below his feet. I walk up to him and use my Luna voice, "Look at me."

His eyes meet mine and I can see so much guilt and remorse in them. "I am so sorry Ophelia."

"I forgive you Ransley. I know you didnt really want to be there that day and they blackmailed you. I know you didnt participate that day, but you did participate when they tormented me every single day of my life nor did you try to stop him. But I can forgive you for all of that if you promise to learn from all of this and do better in the future. Be a leader Ransley, not a follower," I say as he starts crying and promising me to do better.

I hear a roar in the distance, and I recognize it instantly. That was Jordans victory roar. He must have killed Ryan.

A few minutes pass and I hear my mate coming out of the tree line.

When I look at him, I can see that he is drenched in blood from head to toe.