First Meeting

Alpha Jordans POV

Its been a week. My beautiful mate has been unconscious for seven whole days. I have stayed by her side every minute for the first six days. Today was the first day I ventured to my office to get an update on the investigation on who tried to kill my mate. I had only been gone about an hour when Asmo started getting restless and demanding we go check on our mate.

When I walked into my bedroom, I could sense that she had woken up but she hadnt opened her eyes yet. I wondered if she could sense my presence in the room yet and about a second later I had my answer when she took a deep inhale and her entire body went rigid. I walked up to the side of the bed and asked her to open her eyes. I wanted her to look at me to see if she was feeling the mate bond like I was.

The minute she opened her eyes, they darted around the room, taking in her surroundings. When her light brown eyes met mine, it was like the entire world slowed down. It was like my whole life snapped into place. She stole my mind, body, and soul in that moment. I wanted to tell her everything I was feeling but apparently our wolves had the same idea.

"MATE," we both say simultaneously.

"How is this possible?" she asks in confusion.

Does she not know what mates are? Does she not know how they work? She looks old enough to know, then again I have no idea how old she actually is. I have so many questions for this beautiful wolf in my bed.

'Correction: OUR bed,' Asmo says in my mind.

I just roll my eyes at him and shut the link down with him. I want to concentrate on my mate. She must sense my confusion because she says "What I mean is, how is it possible that I had a completely different mate this morning but now you are my new mate?"

This morning? She must not know that shes been out for the last week. Still, hearing that she had another mate makes me boil with rage. I clench my jaw and my fists ball up. Im trying to stay calm but Asmo is pushing because he wants to hunt down this other guy and kill him so theres no competition for our mate. Our mate grabs my fist, forces my hand open and links our fingers together. It helps to calm me and my wolf down enough to have a civil conversation.

"First, lets get our names out of the way. If we are mates and about to get into the nitty gritty hard conversations, I think we should at least know each others names, dont you?" she asks me in that sweet voice of hers.

The corners of my lips quirk up in a small smirk and I look into her eyes.

"Hi, my name is Jordan Amalric, Alpha of the Black River pack and your mate."

She smiles and instantly takes my breath from my lungs. She is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.

"Hi, my name is Ophelia James, former pack member of the Blood Moon Pack, and your mate," she says softly.

"Ophelia. I love it. Well Ophelia, let me start by saying I found you in the woods. Well me, my beta and gamma did. You must have crossed my pack border when you got hurt. I raced over there to see what was going on and as soon as I caught your scent, both me and my wolf knew you were our mate. You have been unconscious and slowly healing in our bed for the past week. I havent left your side for the last 6 days. I was only gone today because I was trying to see if we had any other information about what happened to you," I say as carefully as I can. I dont want to spook her.

"A week? Okay, wow, I didnt know it had been that long. So I guess I owe you an explanation of what happened and how I ended up-"

I cut her off. "Im not going to force you to talk about this if you arent ready. I would never force you to do anything you dont want to do Ophelia."

"I know. But I feel like as my mate and the alpha of this pack, you should know what happened," she says while gripping my hand tightly. I can see her wolf pushing to the surface because her eyes are now gold instead of brown.

"Its okay Ophelia. Im here and youre safe now," I promise her.

She relaxes and begins explaining