Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Beginnings and Escape

Numb. After being thrown into a world everyone thought had ended long before it even began at the age of 12 and dealing with enough heartbreak to last 3 lifetimes, I didn't feel much of anything. My name is Perseus Achilles Jackson and I am the Demi-god son of Poseidon and Sally Jackson.

Most of you have probably heard my story: Retriever of both Zeus's Master Bolt and Hades' Helm of Darkness, Voyager of the Sea of Monsters, Rescuer of Lady Artemis and Bearer of the Sky. Navigator of The Labyrinth, Bane of Kronos, Retriever of the Twelfth's Eagle Standard and Honorary Praetor of The Twelfth Legion Fulminata. Bane of Monsters, Giants, and Gaea herself.

While I can't deny the feats I have accomplished from my adolescence in the mythological world, I also cannot admit that I achieved any of these without help and sacrifice from friends and family. In reality of it all, I'm still just a kid. But that's what the heroes don't let on - that at the end of it all they're still just kids. And now, I am alone.

Flashback

At the end of the Second Giant War, we spent the following month grieving and recuperating from the success and albeit costly battles we fought for Olympus. Lives were lost both family and friends alike, but to preserve the world as we know it it was inevitable. But in that month I was lost to the services of war. After peace had finally settled in, I was forgotten. My friends at camp, with no further use of me other than a soldier, cast me aside like a blunted weapon. Slowly, one by one, they forgot about me. Katie Gardner, Daughter of Demeter, Travis and Connor Stoll, Sons of Hermes, and the Seven moved on without me. The only ones to stick with me were my cousins Nico and Thalia, Clarisse and Chris, and my mentor Chiron. Of course Annabeth, my Wise Girl was there, but even in time, she would leave me too. It hurt. Like Hades it hurt, but who was I to sour their peace.

In the Throne Room of the Gods the Seven of the Prophecy, Praetor Reyna and Nico Di'Angelo gathered to reap our rewards. Once everyone settled down (thanks to Zeus finally getting everyone's attention) they began. "JASON GRACE!" Zeus called with pride. Jason stepped forward and knelt at his father's throne. "For your bravery and contributions to the war effort, the gods have decided to offer you minor godhood as the Minor God of Lightning, Winds, and Heroes. Do you accept?" Jason went wide eyed at the offer and glanced back to his girlfriend and Daughter of Aphrodite Piper who nodded encouragingly. "I accept father." Zeus smiled as he emitted a sky-blue light that collided with Jason's chest causing him to glow and crackle with energy. After receiving his power and newfound immortality he returned to his place next to Piper and gave her a kiss. "Piper McLean!" Aphrodite squealed causing everyone else present to cover their ears. "For your efforts in the war and the unwavering compassion you displayed, the Gods would offer you minor godhood of Beauty, Compassion, and Heroes. Do you accept?" Piper didn't hesitate to accept and similar to Jason was hit with a beam of pink energy to claim her power. The rest of the Seven received similar rewards. Leo Valdez, after it was believed he blew up defeating Gaea, ended up crashing once again on Calypso's island keeping his promise to return to her and free her of her prison. He received minor godhood of Mechanics, Fire, and Heroes. Frank and Hazel both had their curses lifted from them allowing them to live as normal a life as you can when you're a demigod. Reyna became an immortal trainer for New Rome at Camp Jupiter. Nico became a minor god and Prince of Ghosts, heir to his father should he ever fade.

"Annabeth Chase." I gave her hand a squeeze as she approached and knelt at her mother's throne. "For the retrieval of my Parthenos and efforts in the war," Athena said with pride. "We offer you minor godhood of Strategy, Architecture, and Heroes as well as full control to design a city similar to New Rome for Camp Half-Blood." Annabeth looked back at me with a sad smile and my heart stopped. "I accept mother." And with those three words, my entire life came crashing down around me. First the camp. Then the one girl I had given everything but my last name to. She didn't even hesitate. Everything around me moved in slow motion as she was hit with grey energy and returned to her place next to me, suddenly finding the ground worth studying. I was so caught up in the, rather inadvertent and unexpected (boy that's an understatement) betrayal that I almost missed my turn.